Will he keep feeding ?

Lauren92

Reaction score
After my baby is born ?

I was reading that the taste of the milk changes after birth, which got me thinking...

I've been breast feeding my 11 month old since he was born, and even though I'm 41 weeks 5 days pregnant, I'm still breast feeding him! Yep, I know, I'm literally the size of somebody having twins (I'm not), and I'm breast feeding, don't ask me how I'm managing it, but I am :lol:

Anyway, will he be able to keep on feeding from me immediately after the birth, or will he stop ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry use got no idea but didn't want to read and run :)

I'm not sure what will happen, as ŷou should get colostrum for little one straight after birth o I guess it changes, but then since your already producing milk maybe it won't

Sorry no hel at all but I'll be interested to hear the answer ;)

Not sure, you might have to ask the midwives - the collustrum in the first few days is really important for new baby to have so I'm not sure what the medical advice would be so that new baby gets what they need.
Sorry, that's not more helpful.
Good luck with the birth :)

Does the collustrum return if you haven't stopped BFing? If it does then I would've though that wouldn't be enough to fill an 11 month old?

I really don't know though, just going on assumptions.

Defo speak to your MW or get in touch with the local BF team, they'll defo be able to advise you.

wow its gonna be really hard on you if you have to bf both of them

God this is really interesting! Well done you by the way for keeping going, here is a really useful page I found, it says you will be producing colustrum in your pregnancy now which can cause your 11 mths old to have looser stools etc !!

http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/16milkchanges.html

Good luck for tandem nursing - well done

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111