Why????

Rowesb

Reaction score
am watching this morning (while feeding Toby) and Holly is making a huge fuss about eating freshly cooked hot prawns :wall2::wall2: is it no wonder everyone is confused when it comes to what pregnant women can and cannot eat, I mean, you would think that with the maternity care that Holly must be getting she would at least be getting proper information

:roll: its so annoying isnt it. I had runny eggs throughout my pregnancy and whenever we ate out I ordered anything with prawns cos they'd be freshly cooked. I had pate once too :blush: I had massive meat cravings!

so did I Tiny (prawns.. and eggs... oh and the pate :blush:)... apparently she is following guidlines??? what guidlines say you cannot eat FRESHLY COOKED HOT PRAWNS??

I think people would find the rules easier to understand if they were told the reason for the rules about risk for food poisoning. Its just cos youre more likely to get bad food poisoning when youre pregnant cos your immune system is lower. I got a tummy bug while pregnant in the first trimester and was told by the doctor that it wont harm the baby as long as I stay hydrated.

I get really wound up when people say stuff like, OMG I had a dippy egg last week and now Im really worried that my baby will be deformed :wall: Eggs to not affect your babies growth!!!

i have a craving for dippy eggs lol well dippy fried eggs i cant help it lol

get yourself a freerange organic egg thats well in date ...yummy!

if that is what you fancy Emma go for it :D

:rofl: that RAW eggs!! Mind you I bake cakes a lot and always lickthe cakemix off the spoon (after its in the oven!!) Not once have I ever had food poisoning!

yeah but both my boys are healthy :) i mean who doesnt lick the spoon lol

exactly! if you dont get food poisoning theres no harm.

i agree, as long as you dont get food poisoning i dont think it matters what you eat!! i eat everything i shouldnt (except pate as i hate the stuff) but runny eggs, prawns etc, i love all of them! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back