Work Rant!

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just need to have a bit of a rant about work its nothing major but its really annoying me!

Basically because nhs trust are extremely tight on money, I'm not allowed any maternity uniform and have to use other peoples old/spare tunics. I don't really mind as I'm not going to be in them that long but it would be nice to have proper maternity ones! The problem I have is that the last girl who was pregnant only had her lo in may and still has all the spare tunics. She lives ages away from me on the moors and I don't drive. Some women have offered me their spare tunics which I'm really grateful for but my current ones are 31inches and still baggy and theirs are 36/38inches :shock: I know I may need this size towards the end but I know they look like a tent on me having tried them before and I don't want to look like an idiot! I tried looking into buying the tunics myself and they are double the price if I buy them myself :wall2:

The other thing thats really getting on my nerves is the fact that everyone at work keeps telling me how small I am and that I really should be showing by now! I feel like my bump has popped and I know that I definately have a bump but you can't see it in my uniform yet. The last girl was tiny and I don't remember her being told that every day!

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it out of my system!

x x x

That's annoying! U wana feel less conscious at work and the least they can do is provide u with one! Pfft x

Aww Mrs CW how annoying! I hope it gets sorted for you and ignore what people are saying, everyones pregnancy is different :hug: xx

I know! I've been looking online for tunics and instead of the £11 they would pay at the hospital I would have to pay £22 its ridiculous! x

I am in the same boat Mrs CW, I just wear theatre blues now. I didn't even bother asking for a new uniform as I knew I wouldn't get one. Saves me washing and ironing them now, I just throw them in laundry bags on my way out the department. I have also been told by 5 different people in work how big I have gotten. People are sometimes so insensitive and don't consider how their comments come across and how they might make you feel.

thats mean, surely u are entitled to new uniform! ignore the comments hun :hugs: xx

I wish I could wear theatre blues rachy! My department is basically in the basement of the hospital and I've no idea where I could even get them from. Also I would look extremely out of place as we're an out patient department and everyone else wears tunics.
I didn't even get the chance to ask for uniforms I was told straightaway that I wouldn't get any!
I try and ignore the comments as much as I can but it gets on your nerves after the 3rd person tells you! X

I don't mind wearing the blues I find them more comfy than the tunics now. Surely if the hospital has a uniform policy it's up to them to supply you with u with something suitable? I might be wrong though.

I have 2 plain White maternity ones Hun if they r any good I'll send them to u as I doubt I will be going back to work now

I'm with you on the small comments! Mine was called a pot belly a few weeks a go! People need to learn when to shut up!!

I am the same as rachyryan, im in theatre blues now and they are sooo comfy, are you in outpatients did u say mrs cw?

Yeah BabyA I work in an outpatients department in radiotherapy which is part of outpatients oncology centre. Its almost completely seperate from the rest of the hospital which makes it seem like we don't even work in the hospital at all.

Thanks for the offer MrsMc I think I'll try the bigger uniforms next week and go from there. You may go back to work yet.

Thanks for all your replies x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back