breast feeding questions

Layla

Reaction score
hi guys

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few questions i have on breast feeding.

this is the first time i have breast fed so its all very new to me.

my milk came in last night/ early this morning, i have been feeding Coby for 10 mins on each breast (after 10 mins he comes off on his own)

my right one seems to be fine, but my left one has been getting very hot,
full and feels uncomfy most of the time.

is that normal? does it mean i have to feed Coby more from the left one?
im a bit confused as to what to do and im not seeing my midwife till monday.

any help/advice you could give me would be great,

xx

i get that in my right one. i tend to feed from it morewhen it is like that and i find it helps. good luck with the feeding, sorry message is brief but am feeding seren so typing one handed x

Hey Layla -

I'm almost as new as you at the whole breastfeeding and since Naomi wouldn't latch on at the start I'm expressing and bottle feeding the breast milk.

When my breasts get heavy, hot and sore I make sure to express a little more from them. Is there any redness? If so, that's engorgement on your way to mastitis, so make sure you feed more from the one that's heavy and hot. Maybe pump from that one while the little lad is feeding from the other ( you need the flexibility of a monkey to do this but they say it makes things easier) and freeze the milk for later, like a time when you want to go out and can't put Coby on the breast.

Good luck! If you need more help, try

http://www.lalecheleague.org/

It's the international breastfeeding organisation's website. There should be all sorts of advice there. Or maybe there's a La Leche League coach in your area.

Good luck! I actually need to go express now *L*

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back