Why is nothing ever simple?

skeando

Reaction score
Attended New Victoria hosp in Glasgow in December 2011, consultant said he would refer me to Glasgow Royal for IUI (we are unexplained) and that waiting list 16-18months, but would be backdated to Dec 2010 when I had all my tests at the Southern General (was told to go away and try for a year and i would likely just fall pregnant, obv not).

Hadn't heard anything from either hosp so decided since that is us 4 months in to our 4-6months wait to call them. Called Victoria hosp, secretary said nothing to do with them once referral sent and grudgingly gave me number for ACU at Royal.

Called Royal and she said, " You were only referred in Dec 2011, its 16months wait from referrral, the 6months is from app." I explained about the backdating and she put me on hold.

Came back and said oh yes I am on list from Dec 2010, I had just missed list for this month and should hear next month. She then said " things are taking longer because the woman that deals with the waiting list is off long term sick, the administrator is doing her best to keep up, so it might take longer than you think before you will hear."

So who knows when will actually hear, I have no idea what she meant 6months from appt but was so stressed by her saying I would need to wait 16months I forgot to ask. And overall I have a sneaking suspicion if I hadn't phoned I may have waited the full 16months.

Sorry for the rant, but getting pg shouldn't be this hard, or involve chasing people (other than your other half) around. Stressed.com!:wall2:

Last edited:
I know it's a pain but I think it's just part and parcel of the whole process unfortunately :(

It's really good that you're keeping on top of it and I'm sure it'll pay off in the long run if you can keep it up :)

I should know better by now how much jumping through hoops and waiting there is. I guess it's just the fact that we will have been trying for 3 years in June and I turn 30 in July, I hoped something would have happened before we reached those milestones, but I guess will just have to try and be patient. :eek:)

Hey Skeando! Welcome to the world of the Glasgow Royal waiting list great debate! Myself and Kay Kay are also waiting for the Royal. Im for IUI too and was backdated to My mc in February last year. Was told 16 to 18 months so hoping that I will be seen in June time. I went to the private clinic for an initial consultation in March and found out my appointment on the NHS was sent out and was for May 2nd. Problem being it had been sent to the wrong address! I had already checked twice that my address was updated. I would have missed my appointment through no fault of my own. If I hadnt of by chance got the same dr that the NHS appointment was with Id have been black balled! It is one of the longest waiting lists Ive heard as well! Interesting that you say the girl is on the sick. Must be the one who replies to my email enquiries every few months! Im going to keep right on them too!!!!

Yep, as laura says, welcome to the GRI. It's our own stupid faults for living where we do :-( I've tried to convince my OH to move down south to speed things up but he's having none of it (hehe kidding).

Sorry you are stressed chick but from the sounds of things it's your turn next as it's now 16 mths since Dec 10! So that's a good thing! FX you hear from them soon, maybe phone up again tomorrow and clarify for your own piece of mind xxxx

Laurat: Your dates makes me think they have just put us on the list for the full 16 months. If you were backdated to feb 2011 and we should be backdated to Dec 2010 and you already have an appt date it seems like they have missed us somewhere. The wonders of the NHS eh? Hopefully a miracle may happen and we won't need the appt either way. A girl can dream.....

The appoointment for May was just the check in appointment not for any treatment. Theres a 6 month wait for that but it can happen at the same time as your treatment! Its all crazy! My suster is expecting a 24 month wait for IVF! Its the most frustrating thing!!!!

I hope when I finally get my first appt I don't have to wait another 6months :eek:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back