Why do I have to buy things now?

saraian26

Reaction score
All my online and rl friends aare like why havent you bought anything yet for this new baby - you have to acknowledge its exhistence!

Erm.....righto.....I dont want to buy anything until I have had my gender scan and I know what this little one is.

Whats the point of me buying neutral clothing bedding when im going to find out in less then 3 weeks. If its a boy i have the stuff and just need clothes and thats it. Why do you have to be pregnant and buy the shop out.

I just dont have the urge too, its my 4th not my first for christs sake!

And to add yes people know im having a gender scan soon! I think they are totally nuts for wanting me to shop and family saying what do you need?

Il let you bloody know!

Im having a rant cos ive had my aunt on the phone having a moan at me - 'you've bought that poor baby nothing yet'

I already have a baby i have to buy things for - sod off!!!! gah! RANT OVER.

Tell them if they feel that bad then they could always buy something for it? Lol then makes it a little less costly for you. Hehe.xx

But your only 13 weeks!!! I did buy the odd little bit, like a unisex winnie the pooh bath robe, but only because it had been 12 years since I had been able to buy baby clothes! It wasn't till the other week when we found the sex out & passed the 3 biggies on the amnio that I started buying loads.......especially pink lol

I never bought anything for any of mine until 26 weeks, I didn't know gender of my first but my other two I did/do and it was nice to go on a big shop once we knew. My first had White and cream everything and I hated it!! I would of liked her to have some pink/girly bits. This one has tons of pinky stuff!!

I think it's quite sensible to wait until after 20 week scan, I felt better about buying stuff then. It's just what feels right for you. I like to research and look all over the internet for bargains then go shopping and get what I need later on. There's no rush really, as long as you have your hospital bag, car seat, Moses basket and some baby clothes your pretty much set to go! Most other stuff could actually be bought once baby is here :)

Next time she rings il ask for her credit card if she wants me to buy my poor deprived baby something lmao!

buy things when you want. I had the other way being told we shouldn buy really annoyed me its your choice and everyone else should but out

I haven't bought anything even remotely baby related yet either.. I don't know where to start so I'm kind of avoiding it until I can't anymore lol xx

I've only just started getting stuff now, well if my pram counts! Plenty of time yet!

Just tell them you don't want to waste your money on neutral clothes when your going to find out soon I can understand what you mean though about this being your 4th child, yes it is still very exciting and you want everything what's best for your baby but if you already have things from your previous child then what's the point in buying things that really you may not need

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk

Buy when ur ready hun! I'm
Scared to buy anything at the moment don't know when il feel safe to buy, silly really but can't help it! X

I'm 16 weeks and not planning on buying anything till at least next scan. Tho i'm about to go on holiday and considering buying a little something.
I've been overwhelmed by baby catalogues with no clue where to start. I have 2 grandmother's eager for the permission to go shopping but both with very different ideas on whatsoever best. My mum works in a charity shop and believes I should buy everything from there.
The whole thing is too much for me right now. Just starting to enjoy pregnancy after ms without considering the trauma of the shops.

I'm 16 weeks and not planning on buying anything till at least next scan. Tho i'm about to go on holiday and considering buying a little something.
I've been overwhelmed by baby catalogues with no clue where to start. I have 2 grandmother's eager for the permission to go shopping but both with very different ideas on whatsoever best. My mum works in a charity shop and believes I should buy everything from there.
The whole thing is too much for me right now. Just starting to enjoy pregnancy after ms without considering the trauma of the shops.

I've not bought anyting for mine yet either. with my last one, i started buying things from 15 weeks onwards to spread out the cost with it being my first (so obviously we needed EVERYTHING) but I know that I have got most of the things I need now so no need to start buying so soon for this one. I think it's wrong that people are putting pressure on you to buy things so early as you're only 13 weeks!!!! It's silly.

The only thing I'm going to buy for this one is some pinky clothes if it's a girl cos I have a son so no pink things.

But other than that, why waste your money when they grow out of things so quick? And with it being your fourth, of course you are going to have most, if not all of the things you need already! So you'd just be spending money for the sake of it.

Hope they all stop pestering you soon. xx

With all of mine I have bought excllent second hand and then ive bought new. Im not a snob but I wouldnt buy everything from a charity shop, ebay or car boot sale. Ive always bought a good mix of stuff.

I have been given a few bits and pieces but I only went shopping for the first time after my 20wk scan last friday when we brought a few bits of blue! You could always tell people that you are superstitious and you would like to wait til after the scan? I didn't really want the second-hand stuff we have been given in the house til after the scan as if something was wrong then it would have felt like a real kick in the teeth coming back to a house full of stuff - would have felt too ungrateful though if we hadn't taken what was offered!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back