Why did I do THAT?!

titch

Reaction score
:dohh: I weighed myself this morning.

Im seriously depressed. I know, I know, Im supposed to gain weight etc etc, but I now weigh more than I ever have before. Doesnt help that I have to bend wierd to actually see the scales past the bump. Im so anxious to know how much weight I will have gained once the LO is born.

I know I shouldnt worry about it, but ive honestly plunged into despair over this :wall:

:hug:I seriously think as a normal woman, its totally normal to feel like this!

I have put on about a stone and a half but I'm not too bothered as the weather is gorgeous and will be able to get out and walk it all off after I have bubs xx

Rub it in Erin :lol:

I'm not that bothered about my weight, I know it'll come off. It won't be long before he's here hun and like Erin said you can enjoy all those nice walks with him then. Xx

really dont worry about it i'm not, i'm sure we'll be that busy when babys born it'll drop off.
if it helps ive put 2 stone on!!!!!
and erin thats my plan 2. ssooo glad we r all havin summer babies so we can get out and have nice long walks i the august sun shine

I've put on just under 2 stone tiny so I wouldn't worry!! Like everyone's said, the weather is nice so we can walk it off with our LO's :)

I haven't weighed myself since about 15 weeks. Don't feel like I have put 'masses' on but seeing the scales could be too much so will wait until a little while after baby is here and then have a look!!!
Like everyone says...hoping it will drop off! Try not to worry tiny!!

I can make you feel LOADS better tiny i've put over 2 stone on and still have 10 wks to go lol, I dont worry tho as I put 4 stone on with my other 2 so knew I would this time, it dosnt just fall off me I really have to work hard but I know I will do it again after this one.

ah thanks girls, looks like Im not alone then. Weight gain really sucks doesnt it!!! wouldnt be so bad if I was happy with my pre-pregnancy weight I suppose!!

Hi Tiny, I can make you feel better too - I've put on 3.5 stone so far!!!! I feel bloody gross. I was slightly overweight before I got pregnant - BMI was 28, which I thought was awful. Midwife weighewd me last week and it's now 37!!!! I couldn't believe it! I went for a growth scan to see whether it is me who's fat or baby - I could've told them it's me!!!! Baby is slightly big, but not really. My feet and hands are really swollen and I have bad stretch marks on my legs, which are now like tree trunks! There's nothing I can do about it as SPD means no exercise. I have 2 pairs of trousers which fit and one pair of shoes. My plan too is to get walking when he's born as hopefully SPD will go then. Am also planning to breastfeed, which should help.

I've found my changing shape much harder to get my head round throughout pregnancy than I thought it would. I've always thought pregnant women look great and I've even been quite envious at times, but when it started happening to me I got really down when my clothes got tight. Is weird.

Anyway, don't worry, am sure it'll all come off when you're running roung after a newborn! xxx

Tiny its really easy to let it get you down, I can understand - I gained over 5 stones with Rosie and I never really lost all of it - I always had another stone to lose. So much of the weight is not just you, you will be surprised at how you lose it afterwards what with breastfeeding and generally being a lot busier than you were before. I always look at it as it took 9 months to get that way and its not going to disappear overnight - don't stress hun xx

Tiny, honestly don't worry too much. I actually gained more after having Jacob than I did whilst pregnant (Cause I lived off takeaways for months until Jacob could start to eat with me). This time I'm not weighing myself until Christmas that way I can indulge and not feel guilty :hug:

i aviod scales like the plague - will possibly weigh myself when baby is here and see what i have to work with ;)

Breastfeeding, swimming and lots of walking are my plans ;)

When you see your your beautiful little bundle you will forget all about the weight :hug:

breastfeeding, swimming and walking sounds like a good plan. Thanks for all your comments, I do feel a bit better now. I just wish we only gained the weight of the baby. I told OH how much I gained and he asked if our baby is going to be a giant :cry: I dont think he realised how upset I was, and looked genuinely scared. Just cos we're pregnant, you think we like having our bumps referred to as 'bellies'??!

I feel your pain!!!
i've put on almost 2 stone so far and i have 7/8 weeks to go!!!
Hubby is so good as says its a good sign and natural but if the baby only weighs 4lb at this stage where the hell is the other 22lb coming from???:eh:
You do lose a lot afterward thankfully but i was so shocked that my belly was still huge, like a deflated balloon. Nobody prepared me for that!!!
I don't think your body is ever the same again:shakehead: BUT it is all worth it!!!:)

I've already put on over a stone but I know I've done it before and will again :yay:

After I had my lil girl last time I Got very depressed about my weight and the weather was bad so I bought a treadmill and got it off that way and that's my plan this time too :) I'll give myself 6 weeks to get my strength back then I'll get going on it :)

It's ok, i've put on 3 stone so far! :shock: I put on weight REALLY easily though! All I have to do is look at a bar of chocolate and it's already on my hips! lol! X

Im not going to weigh myself at the moment, BUT! I have decided that when I go into labour, Im going to whack out the wii fit, weigh myself, then when I get home do the same. Im sure losing so much so quick will help me feel a teenie bit better lol. And Im pretty positive Im never going to lose a minimum of 7lb's over night again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back