Why can't I be happy?

Kaylee2802

Reaction score
Hi , got my bfp today but I just can't be happy. I got butterflies and a slight bit of excitement to start with but now all I can feel is worry. Everything I do I worry is going to hurt my baby. I'm struggling with today I don't think I can do this for weeks/ months. Sorry to rant x

We all feel like that sweetie.

I'm convinced something will go wrong. Even though I'm not having or doing anything that I shouldn't and am taking my vitamins.

I just need the next 6 weeks to pass so I can have my scan and calm down a bit.

I think we all feel a bit like that at first, I've refused to get excited about the baby in front of my husband as I'm petrified that if I do something will go wrong, however everyone must feel like this at first, all the waiting and uncertainty is bound to make anyone nervous, I know it's hard but try to take it one day at a time, what is ment to be will be, don't let stress take over your life, enjoy the different stages of your pregnancy and just relax, you'll have a beautiful baby in no time x

Thanks, I didn't worry atall with my first I think that's why it bothers me so much. I haven't even told my oh yet, he's away and don't want to do it over the phone but at the same time I feel like if I tell anyone it's real and then I have got something to loose. X

I feel exactly the same also. My OH can't understand why I'm being so negative about everything and as much as I try to explain, he just can't get it!
I felt like I was tempting fate if I told people but every now and again I get a little flutter of excitement and tell one of my friends. Then I feel guilty and silly.
I just keep thinking that if something is going to go wrong, it is out of my control. I'm doing everything I can to to stay healthy and well and that's all I can do. Everything happens for a reason and that reason isn't always clearly apparent.
Let nature take it's course and try to relax as much as possible.
I find it helpful to try to think about something completely different. Pretend I'm not pregnant and just carry on life as normal until it's confirmed that my baby is alive and healthy. Until I see that heartbeat - nothing is real.

I had the same all I did was cry and say I can't do it!

But 2 weeks later I feel better! The hormones I believe are to attribute big time too

Last edited:
Men will never understand or even when they do they put a brave face on and pretend they don't to try and make u feel better. Sorry wot uv both been through.. Life can be cruel sometimes but I am sure you are right, everything happens for a reason thanks. I agree I think hormones play a big part I'm surprised my oh hasn't guessed with the random
Angry texts , then upset ones then I love you ones lol xx

It's tough, especially at the beginning when you're totally exhausted but can't toally explain why! It will get easier!!

Even though I had a very 'normal' straight forward pregnancy last time and have a very healthy Son I still worry about this pregnancy!

It's strange but i'm kind of not getting attatched to this baby just yet 'just incase' IYKWIM? We were sort of the same with Jack in the first 12 weeks until we saw him at the 12 week scan but we were more excited last time being that it was our 1st child. I'm sure everything is fine (as yours will be too) but it's perfectly natural to worry x

Suffering a mmc last year when I found out I was pregnant this time round I was worried suck and felt much like you did, I didn't want to tell people and couldn't get excited but as time went on I relaxed and began to let it sink in more. I just set myself little goals like making it to each new week and just did what I could to give the baby the best start as in stopped smoking, drinking and started taking vitamins and folic acid. Your baby is tougher than you know, I was in a rear end shunt in my car two days ago and had spotting a few days before and when I went for a scan yesterday my little one was laid kicking his legs around and I was sure after the crash that was it. Remember its floating about in fluid all comfy so the chance of you damaging it are pretty low. I honestly understand how you feel as will most on here but you'll be fine and take each day as it comes... And a massive congrats too! Xxx

It's normal hun.
Even tho I saw a heartbeat as my emergancy 6 week scan I'm still panicing it's stopped growing.

BUT I'm getting a bit excited and giddy now my dating scan is next week. (plus my bump is still growing)

You WILL get there hun!

Have you any reason to worry so much? (previous loss??)

I would say that you really need to keep yourself calm and chilled. When you feel yourself getting anxious about ti all take a few deep breaths and tell yourself "I will not worry unless I have something to worry about"

Stressing and worrying about "something going wrong" is not going to make this any easier.

We all worry hun. I had 3 miscarriages last year and even I managed to get through Tri 1. I just kept calm, and took one day at a time.

Making sure you are happy and healthy is the best thing you can do for the baby.

Booking an early will also help put your mind at rest....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have had 2 mc, and neither I really had Any symptoms just came and went in a second I think that's why it bothers me.. I know what u mean it is no good just can't seem to help yaself. Doesn't help that it's a 3.5 week wait for a routine app with my gp and you can't even register with the midwife til after that... So I'll be 8 and a half weeks when I see the doctor , then still got to wait for my booking in appointment to get a form sent off to receive a scan date. I've still got to go for my last check up with the epu end of this month do I'm hoping they take pity on me, although not holding my hopes cos Afew of them were snotty bitches lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back