Whoops - why do I feel bad

Sol

Reaction score
:fib::fib::fib::fib::fib:

I just got home today and got a letter from the screening people saying I am due my smear test next month.
Well I rang my surgery and spoke to my favorite receptionist and explained and she said don't worry about it cause I haven't had any problems in the past and they'll catch up with me after baby is born.
I was kind of glad cause as daft as it sounds the last 2 smears I've had I ended up bleeding quite heavily afterwards so I am pretty terrified of them now.
I had decided that I wasn't going to have one even if they said it was for the best so I was really happy when the receptionist told me not to worry.

Sorry to rant but I'm kind of relieved.

Sol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't worry Sol, I am scared of them, had quite a few internal hosp appointments, tests when 20 and it really put me off anything else where I have to flash the other end!

I have only had one ever after my last child, and have been lying low ever since. I promised myself after the Jade Goody thing, that I would be brave and go in and get one, and then started trying to get pregnant last year, so I will have one afterwards too and then keep having them as regular as they tell me too. We both have 6 months ish onwards till ours then X

Last edited:
I keep getting letters saying I'm due one but been ignoring them as I don't want it done while pregnant!! Never had one before so I don't want the stress of one yet!!

i still havent had one yet, i have to wait till im 25.
i remember when my mum had it them, she said it wasnt very nice xx

It really isn't all that bad. It's really really quick. I think we will face a lot more painful, uncomfortable and embarassing situations through pregnancy!

I'm not saying I enjoy them like... :)

I had a reminder come through at 25 weeks and they said they don't do them while you're pregnant so will sort it once bubs is here and things are back to normal. I've had them since I was 20, (think Scotland had different regs before) and while they are not pleasant they are quick and they did pick up abnormal cells with me, and pre cancerous cells with my friend. A bit of monitoring for me, and a quick procedure for my friend and that was it. I'd rather face that than cervical cancer.
Nice to be able to put it off for few months though :)

My sister had he treatment too for the precancerous cells, so I should really know better !

We all should but the thought of laying legs a cimbo for a stranger while they ask about you're next holiday and shove random duck bills and lollipop sticks up there is enough to put anyone off ;)

You know in all fairness it's not the test I have an issue with, Its kind of embarrasing but you put up with it.

However what I do have an issue with is that the same practice nurse has made me bleed rather heavily on the last 2 occasions and I ended up with lower abdo pains too.
I know shes lovely because I see her for other stuff but each time I know I'm going to have a smear done by her I get really upset about it. If it's one of the other practice nurses I never seem to have a problem.
Last time when I booked the appointment I made sure It was with another nurse and I ended up with the one I don't like because one of them was off sick and I had the same problem again. I ended up having to go back and see a different nurse and do it all over again and when I told her why I was so worked up her attitude was less than sympathetic and I was basically told to go elsewhere then.

Anyways on the bright side no smear for nearly a year yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) :)

Sol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back