whos still having the odd drink???

chezzabell

Reaction score
i was just wondering how many of u lovely ladies were still having the odd drink???

I have the most lushest bottle of wine in the fridge and really want a glass but feel so bloody guilty i cant explain it!!!

I am honestly not fussed about alcohol even when I'm not pregnant so afraid I'm not much help! I only drink about once every couple of months and usually get hammered :oops: !

But, I was pregnant for my 18th and my 21st birthdays and I did have a cheeky glass or 2 of wine then. Also got smashed the week before I found out I was pregnant this time :roll: ! But we weren't even TTC so not my fault!

So no on purpose booze for me, but I would def say go for it if it's calling to you! One glass will do no harm whatsoever. I have plebty of friends who have had alcohol on occasion during their pregnancies and it is really fine :) . Enjoy! :)

i don't drink at all when im pregnant i would just feel so guilty if i did

yep i did.
the odd glass wont hurt in my opinion, but you have to be happy with your decision

Ive had the occasional drink, admittedly its only the one glass and not even every week.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having the very occasional drink throughout your pregnancy... So far I've had one glass of wine at my sister's birthday a few weeks ago, and going out for a meal and to a pub after tomorrow night for my best friend's birthday so I will probably have a glass then!

I don't think having say, a few a week, is a good idea! But I don't think having maybe 2-3 drinks throughout your whole pregnancy is going to do a lot of harm!

Hi :wave: Ive read somewhere that the so called "safe" amount whilst pregnant is 4 units a week

Tbh even though your allowed a small amount its still not a risk im gonna take so think im going to stay tee total till babys born :D :hug: :hug:

Yes i did with james - i got married and had my hen party and honeymoon whilst preggers so i wasnt going to drink then! I only had a glass of champagne on my wedding day but it was delicious! lol

At the end of the day we all know our own bodies and i dont personally feel any harm is done to me or the baby having a glass of wine or a spritzer or sommat like that a week.

I dont have one every week cos i get the worst heartburn ever so the benefit of enjoying the wine doesnt out weigh the pain of the heart burn!!!

I had the odd glass of wine, I think there was a post about the new guidelines, but I cant find it :doh:

Ive decided to to drink now until bubs is born but il more than make up for it after :lol:

maria1976 said:
I had the odd glass of wine, I think there was a post about the new guidelines, but I cant find it :doh:

yea been looking for it aswell

I had the odd glass of wine or half a lager through my last pregnancy, probably on most weekends and feel that it was fine and up to me. But I haven't touched a drop this time because I just don't feel like it at all! If I ever felt I wanted one though it wouldn't stop me as long as it's in moderation.

iv had an odd glass a few weeks ago and half a glass last night to celebrate our engagement but other than that im not a huge alcohol drinker and this is prob what i would normally do anyway unless its a huge event then il be drinking in early hrs but that was few years agao anyway :D

Hi, well I'm not a big drinker at all, but this evening I saw my bf's cold bottles of stella in the fridge and just had to have some, so I had half of a 330ml bottle and it tasted the BEST lol. I don't even particularly enjoy larger when not pregnant. Very weird. But I think I've read recently that 1 unit a week is the recommended max if you chose to have an alcoholic drink.

I had a glass of wine a couple of times whilst pregnant with Brody.
This time I have only had half a glass whilst on holiday but I will be having a small glass of red wine on christmas day too!

I've drunk on about 8 occasions since getting pregnant, at two weddings on holiday and a couple of times recently. I did feel guilty afterwards but i've never had more that two glasses when i did have a drink.

Grace xx

I have had a shandy ! just about half a glass of lager and lemonade ! have had it twice now ! and really enjoyed it!!

Me and hubby used to regularly share a bottle of wine over dinner and I was hoping to go off it when pregnant but that never happened :(

I had one glass of wine in first tri, on my birthday, and now I'm in 2nd tri I must admit to having a small glass of red once or twice a week, always with food (we buy nicer wine now that we only open one bottle a week :lol: ).

When I saw my GP when first pregnant I said I was concerned cos I'd been on holiday just after conceiving before I knew I was pregnant and was drinking at least 2-3 glasses of wine a night, plus a couple of GnTs :oops: :oops: :oops: He was great, said not to worry about it, and if I fancy it that it's OK to have a couple of glasses a week, even though it goes against the current 'official' advice. Says his wife is pregnant and she does and he's not worried.

A little bit of what you fancy shouldn't harm, but it's down to personal choice in the end. I know plenty of people who won't touch a drop during pregnancy because they just feel too guilty afterwards.

Anyway, I'm treating it like it might be good for me - I have a blood disorder that makes me more prone to clots in pregnancy and the occasional glass of red wine is meant to be an anti-coagulant! Well, that's my excuse anyway :lol: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back