Anyone having a glass of wine over Xmas?

sash76

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
l posted this on the first trimester a while back. Just wondering if anybody is planning to have a glass of vino over the Xmas period? l havent had a glass yet, but do fancy a glass of red wine. Just feel guilty bout having one. What are your views?

Sx

I will be having a glass over xmas hun and when its my 30th 18 dec.....one glass is ok :hug:

but everyone does have different views, so just do what u feel right doing :hug:

I have had the odd half a glass of wine, a couple of spritzers whilst on holiday, and found that Tesco and Sainsburys do a VERY low alcoholic cider (0.5%) which I also drink on occasions.

Personally I dont think the odd glass of wine/cider/beer would hurt at all - but wouldnt touch spirits!

Most of my girlfriends who have children all said they had the odd glass of wine/champagne with no ill effect at all!

Its down to personal choice!

I had half a glass of red wine today at a family celebration and tbh it's just made me feel really sleepy! Think that's because I haven't had one for so long though!

I don't think I could drink more than half a glass, but I think I'll have one with my Christmas dinner and also on New Year's day as that's my birthday! It really is up to the indivual whether you have the odd drink or nothing at all throughout your pregnancy but personally I think having 2-3 glasses throughout the duration of my pregnancy is not bad.

nah won't be drinking at all, i did'nt with the others so won't this time either :)

Hubby has brought some lovely champers for Christmas so I think I will have a glass on Christmas morning but I will mix it with some orange juice. I havent had any drink up till now and Im not going to feel bad about it.

Im planning on having half a glass of Asti with my Christmas dinner... wouldn't be Christmas dinner without a glass of Asti :lol:

Probably not, but then again I prefer juice or water when eating anyway. I'll miss the bucks fizz breakfast and the strong irish coffees... the baileys.... aw nevermind it's worth it ;)

I'll probably have a small glass of something sparkly just to toast the new year in though. :)

I had a pint of guiness in ireland in 1st Trimester, all my family over there say it is very good for you and drank it (in moderation ie no more than 2units a week) when they were pregnant. I've also had a shandy now and again when my oh has opened a bottle of beer i just nick a little bit and it's realyl refreshing with lemonade!

I know someone who had a 2 unit glass of wine every friday night when she was pregnant which at the time was the recomnded allowance (they say not to drink now but i think that's becuase people get confused about what 2 units actaully are) anyway, her babies were absoloulty fine - a report was done recently which showed drinking one or two units once or twice a week had no ill effects on the baby.

I shall in fact be having a small glass of bubbly xmas day, but i dont think i will drink every week once i get over my nausea (she says in hope!) maybe every other week but i will probably only stick to shandys as a half a pint of shandy is only like half a unit or something so a couple of those will do me nicely after a stressful week at work!

I have the odd half glass of wine anyway.

There is new research that shows drinking about 2 units of alcohol a week leads to less behavioral problems and more intelligent children - dont know if it nonsense or not ??

I will, as - please nobody shoot me down - I do actually allow myself one small glass of wine a week (usually Fri or Sat night, and always with my dinner - not on its own). My job's quite stressful and even my GP said not to worry about having a glass a week, it's more important to be relaxed and happy - and that he doesn't stop his pregnant wife having a glass or two a week :D

Saying that, I'm not religious about it - thinking back it's been about 2-3 weeks since my last glass anyway...

x

i did read some research re that as well - but i think they couldnt say for sure whether it was because they drank while pregnant, or were drinkers generally who they say tend to be more...hmm... i cant remember how they worded it now but that people that drank regulary were a bit more laid back or something and that's wehy they had less behavioural problems?

sam08 said:
i did read some research re that as well - but i think they couldnt say for sure whether it was because they drank while pregnant, or were drinkers generally who they say tend to be more...hmm... i cant remember how they worded it now but that people that drank regulary were a bit more laid back or something and that's wehy they had less behavioural problems?

Yeah I remember something about that. From what I can recall I think they were saying it could be class thing, i.e. middle class parents are more likely to have a glass of wine with their dinner, so they couldn't be sure if it was the fact that the mums-to-be were having the occasional glass of wine, or the fact that middle-class children tend to have a better education and fewer behavourial problems.

Or something like that :think: Either way, I'm still going to have the occasional glass!

The thought of it still makes me vom. :puke: But if I'm feeling better I'll deffo be having a little Asti :D

I read that report. It said if you had a boy and drank an occasional glass of wine your son was more likely to be better at spatial awareness and visual puzzles.

I'm not sure I believe it but Stanley is wicked at jigsaws :lol:

I'm having trouble drinking orange squash today so can't think about drinking wine just yet :lol: But when I'm feeling better i will have a glass of wine with my Christmas dinner. I don't think there's any harm in having the occassional glass.

if i fancy it i will- so far just havent fancied alcohol, didnt have any on my 30th as just didnt fancy it
however, if i do fancy a glass i will, the odd glass really wont do baby any harm

I'll probably have a small sparkling wine with my Christmas dinner, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back