Who wants to read this book with me!?

Urchin

Reaction score
I've been lent "Babyville" by Jane green.
It's about 3 ladies who each have pregnancy issues...here's one review

Fertility, infertility and babies have recently become a 'hip' subject to write about. The difference with Babyville is that it explores three different facets of the issue, via interwoven stories, within one novel. Julia is desperate to have a baby to save her relationship, but can't seem to conceive; Maeve definitely doesn't want children - until she unexpectedly falls pregnant and her thoughts start to change; and Sam is starting to discover just how much having a baby changes your marriage - and your figure! Exploring each of the three characters, and their relationships, gives a better and more sympathetic slant to the 'baby issue'than many books I've read that focus on this subject. However, as much as babies are the focus, Green has as always plenty to say about relationships and life in general too. An enagaging and likeable novel, not only for mums and mums-to-be!

I've only read about 10 pages and it's made me think about the forum lots already, it's lighthearted and an easy read so far...so I was wondering if anyone wants to get hold of a copy on Amazon or a charity shop or somewhere and read along and then we can discuss it on the forum.

Anyone up for it? It's 32p from Amazon

People reading it

Urchin
Minxy
Claire30
HappyBunny
Valentine
_Rosie_
Lauramumof2
mum2be?
drea b
Kylie1007
Tina & Gabs
Emma28
Hellokitty

it sounds like a good book i just went on to amazon and i cand beleive someone is selling it for £66 :shock: but i got it for 32p, i am a very slow reader i dont get much time to read though the girls go to bed about 8pm and if i pick a book up then i will fall asleep myself.

I'm not a super fast reader or anything, we don't even really have to all read it at the same time, I just think it'd be good if there was a few of us who could talk about it :)

:shock: i cant beleive you are 15 weeks already time has flowen by

Awww, thats a blast from the past.
I read this book in 2000 before we started ttc. I laughed, thinking wouldnt that be awful if we had as much trouble having a baby. Little did I know :( .... but we got there in the end. This book will always have a special memory for me. I remember doing what she done and sitting practically upside down in bed trying to get the swimmers going the right way.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

lauramumof2 said:
Awww, thats a blast from the past.
I read this book in 2000 before we started ttc. I laughed, thinking wouldnt that be awful if we had as much trouble having a baby. Little did I know :( .... but we got there in the end. This book will always have a special memory for me. I remember doing what she done and sitting practically upside down in bed trying to get the swimmers going the right way.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

lol, I read it back then too!! I have just found it on my bookshelf, so a reread will be fun, why not!

I've read it a few times - I love Jane Green. Will reread with you!

Valentine xxx

I've read it too!! It is a good book - would read it again along with you but my copy is at home :(

i just ordered it :dance: using OH's card lol it looks really good but im a fast reader so i will probably finish it 2 or 3 days lol

I will definately get involved in a chat about it. Are we doing a chat room thing. A book club!!!!!!! I feel so posh :rotfl:
Jane greens books are just so great. What was the one before babyville. The one about the large girl who goes to America, gets thin then bags her man. Totally cheesy but fab.

I just bought my copy on ebay

cant wait for it to come

:cheer: :cheer:

Yay cool! I should make a list of everyone reading it in the first post so we know.

lauramumof2 said:
I will definately get involved in a chat about it. Are we doing a chat room thing. A book club!!!!!!! I feel so posh :rotfl:

Yeah we can chat about it too...if this one's a sucess we can think about doing it regularly, I thought this is a good place to start cos it's a topic many of us are interested in :lol:

Urchin said:
Yay cool! I should make a list of everyone reading it in the first post so we know.
lauramumof2 said:

Yeah we can chat about it too...if this one's a sucess we can think about doing it regularly, I thought this is a good place to start cos it's a topic many of us are interested in :lol:

i agree there, i personally have to be interested in a book to read it otherwise it sits on self
:roll:

Me too :D

I've read bookends by her- cheesy feel good story. About all I concentrate on at the minute anyway :D

I read the first few chapters last night after Urchin mentioned it. I liked it the first time I read it...but OMG, it has taken on a completely new light 6 years later, now that I am going through the whole experience.

Yey for recommending it, I had forgotten all about it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back