The Baby Trail - good book to read

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
Hello all
This book is fabulous. Whilst TTC (which by the way took a total of three and a half years in my case), a fellow TTC'er leant me this book. Its all about a woman in the same situation and made me laugh and cry. May not be to everyone's taste but for me it put a humourous slant on an otherwise very serious issue which was, if I'm honest, really starting to affect my life.
Give it a try.
Oh, and by the way, me and the fellow TTC'er are both now expecting.
Good luck all of you and don't give up hope xxx

Hiya

Did this book give you any tips that you found to be useful?

Kim x

To be honest, no, it was more of a diary type thing. But it was just like reading my own words, as if I could have written it. I just found it really enjoyable with kind of a twist - its not all hearts and flowers it shows the emotional side of things really well. Let me know what you think if you do read it :D

A friend of mine who is a nurse and TTC (has a 3-year-old but is having a hard time getting pregnant again) recommended "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is excellent. It explains very simply the changes your body (especially CM, cervix and body temperature) goes through during your cycle, and how to learn when you ovulate through those signs, etc. I, who scoffed at charting temperature before, am now charting happily for the first time (my first cycle charting I mean) and looking forward to figuring out when I ovulate! I have been TTC for 21 months and this book is not only informing me about the process but encouraging me.

GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back