Who is and isnt going to breastfeed and why?

I really want to breastfeed. I also hate my nipples being touched and recently my boobs have been really painful. I think after reading various threads on this forum I have a more realistic veiw of it. I'm going to try my best, but I'm starting to understand the some people aren't able to. Fingers crossed though :)

I also hate my nipples being touched too, and when I first fell pregnant, wasnt comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding - now I cant wait to boobie feed, and just hoping I can, Im hoping we are both naturals at it, and cant wait for that special closeness :D

As to my DH bonding with baby - well there are lots of other ways for him to do this and I wouldnt expect my DH to get up during the night to feed anyway - I wont be working and he works very long hours, so its the least I can do :)

I breastfed Scarlett and can't wait to do it again. It wasn't easy to begin with, and took a few weeks to get into it. The first night in hospital I was in tears to the nurses begging for formular!! thankfully they were really supportive and told me I was doing a great job and I managed to get through that first night.
I also used to attend our local breastfeeding clinic, which was great.
As for DH bonding, he didn't need to feed her to bond. Although I expressed when she was 3 weeks old and she took to the bottle really well. So DH used to do the night feeds on a fri and sat night. Although I normally had to get up to express any way, or I was lying in a pool of milk!!!

Nori: I've also got IBD although I've got Ulcerative Colitis! Are you on medication or are you in remittion at the moment. PM me if you want to chat :hug:

Minxy said:
I'm going to breastfeed. I was going to with Stanley, but gave up very quickly and regretted it for ages.

I don't believe Stanley is any worse off for being formula fed but this will be my last baby and I would lke to experience being a bf-ing mother :)

ditto, i never really thought of it previously and still feel guilty about it now. i just want to have the xperience. in my opinion its one of those things you HAVE to experience at least once :D

On the plus side, your body burns so many calories its great to think you are losing weight whilst sitting there with baby feeding.

same here - i was desperate to breastfeed boo but it just didnt happen for us and i have regretted giving up ever since, no matter how right the decision was at the time...

gonna give it a bloody good go this time but i'm preparing myself for it being hard as i have HUGE boobs and nips...

Minxy said:
I'm going to breastfeed. I was going to with Stanley, but gave up very quickly and regretted it for ages.

I don't believe Stanley is any worse off for being formula fed but this will be my last baby and I would lke to experience being a bf-ing mother :)

dont you live in port talbot?

when you go to your 28 week appointment at the hospital.. ask about attending the breastfeeding workshop atleast you can make an informed choice.. carol jones is the breastfeeding co-ordinator in our area.. shes fantastic. everyone is in the same position as you.. and its a really nice session to go to.. im still friends with mums that attended with me. there is a feeding a forum for wales to www.breastfeedingwales.co.uk

i would like to hope all mums atleast try to feed..the colostrum is so important. even if you can just manage a few feeds int he 1st few days of life you have given your baby an amazing start and given them so many anti-bodies from your milk to last them

i want to breastfeed also but im worried bout the diet end of things. your supposed to eat right etc but im a very fussy eater and dont eat a lot, do u think this will affect the milk in any way ?

I definitely want to breastfeed - it would never occur to me to do anything else, so I really hope I'm able to. None of the other women in my family have had any problems with it, so touch wood nor will I!

I also intend to express so that my OH can do night feeds - given how huge my boobs have got already, I think I'll probably need to express anyway :? :shock:

I can't wait to breastfeed! I'm even looking forward to producing colostrum, never mind the milk. I think it's actually one of the main things I'm looking forward to when I give birth. I do worry about having problems, but I'm determined to try my best and see how it goes.

mabelina said:
The only thing thats edging me towards breast feeding, is the fact that if your baby wakes up crying during the nights, there's no running downstairs half asleep and messing with bottles. Just simply pick up your baby, get back into your warm bed and pop out your boob :rotfl:

I always make the bottle up minus the milk and take it with me to bed but I imagine it beeing much easier to bf (after all the pain goes)

HollyHobby said:
can you mix and match?

breast and formular at the same time?

Bit of a late reply, but I successfully mix feed. I waited until I'd been exclusivley breasfeeding for 3 months first though. TBH I wish, wish, wish I was still feeding him all myself(I only started mix feeding because I go to college on a Monday and tues and expressing was becoming a ightmare whilst there). I really enjoy breastfeeding and would urge you to give it a go if it's something you feel you'd like to do. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back