Why would you NOT breastfeed?

Scout

Reaction score
If there is no issues, obviously some woman are unable to, but if you can, heathily, breastfeed, I don't know why you'd give them some stuff made from a factory, when you have the natural? I breastfed my 2, and always will if I have more. :think:

Because every one id different and it doesnt suit everyone, its like saying why doesnt everyone have pain free labour, i for one found that my life was far to hetic to have a baby on the breast 24/7 like you need to in the first few weeks and was also ill after the birth, i think this is a very wide ranging statement and can see it upsetting some mums

*runs off screaming to the hills*

whilst I do agree with you I also recognise that in this country we have choice and whilst I don't agree with everyone's choices, it is just that - their choice so I respect it. However I also feel that in this country we have abysmal breastfeeding rates which is down to the fact that there is very little support out there for new mums. Until our government is prepared to put their money where their mouth is, this will continue to be the case.nIt isn't helped either with the pressure put on new mums to get back to "normal" and that if a baby needs feeding more then every 4 hours there is something wrong with your milk supply.

*Stays hiding in hills*

Jeeez talk about a controversial statement!!!!

I could sit here for half an hour typing exactly why LOTS of women don't but to be honest im not going to bother because whats the point when your clearly so narrow minded about the subject anyway. :wink:

I've spoken to a couple if mum's and the idea was just too 'weird' for them to get their head round. It really was strange for me but my OH begged me to give it a go. Otherwise i'd be a bottle mum.

I also can see this not turning into a healthy thread. Everyone is so different and have different ideas of upbringing. Bottlefed babies are usually very healthy so what's the problem? :think:

LisaJ1986 said:
Bottlefed babies are usually very healthy so what's the problem? :think:

Because someone wants to cause a stir. Well Done, you've got my blood up! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I started out breast feeding all of my kids, first 2 took to it no problem, third just didn't work so we did bottles. it'a a very personal choice and not one anyone should feel guilty over
tbh I found bottle feeding quite convenient as my DH could help out at night so I havent decided about this baby.
I think less stressed is best !!!!!!! so whatever works for you

LisaJ1986 said:
I also can see this not turning into a healthy thread.

you never know, one day a bunch of grown ups might be able to discuss formula and breastfeeding without it turning personal - I am an eternal optimist though

oooo ooooo I can read my crystal ball... its getting clearer... I can see Urchin... yes... Urchin and shes locking this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
oooo ooooo I can read my crystal ball... its getting clearer... I can see Urchin... yes... Urchin and shes locking this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lol:

Squiglet said:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

for a newbie this is quite a poo thread and how not to make friends on what is a very friendly forum

beanie said:
LisaJ1986 said:

you never know, one day a bunch of grown ups might be able to discuss formula and breastfeeding without it turning personal - I am an eternal optimist though

yeah i agree Beanie but come on...the way the question was phrased??? Do you not think that many people would find that just a little on the side of antagonistic??

Im gonna try my best to bf Pumpkin as i did with James, as you said people should support others in their breast feeding attempts but dont condemn those who for what ever reason dont manage to do it for 6 months because trust me, they feel like failures as it is.

The initial post was not a "aint bf brilliant" as much as a "aint formula factory made crap" which I have to say many many mums who do their best by their kids, myself included, would feel very upset by.

If these things are not to get personal it would help if the initial post wasn't such a blatant criticism of one side of the point being discussed!!

Jen&James said:
The initial post was not a "aint bf brilliant" as much as a "aint formula factory made crap" which I have to say many many mums who do their best by their kids, myself included, would feel very upset by.

Jen, everyone knows that we are bad mothers who deliberately choose to feed our children poison.... :roll:

Jen&James said:
beanie said:
LisaJ1986 said:

yeah i agree Beanie but come on...the way the question was phrased??? Do you not think that many people would find that just a little on the side of antagonistic??

Im gonna try my best to bf Pumpkin as i did with James, as you said people should support others in their breast feeding attempts but dont condemn those who for what ever reason dont manage to do it for 6 months because trust me, they feel like failures as it is.

and I agree with that, whilst I am pro breastfeeding, I am not anti formula. I fed my first child it and have no issues with the fact I did so. It was an inflammatory remark but so far everyone has replied in an adult way. I think the best way to deal with these kid of threads is to either ignore them or reply in an adult fashion and not give the poster the rise they are after.

Jen&James said:
beanie said:
LisaJ1986 said:

If these things are not to get personal it would help if the initial post wasn't such a blatant criticism of one side of the point being discussed!!

I kinda agree... a better, mature way would have been why did you choose to bottle feed/breastfeed... it would have still caused a ruckus. Any topic as emotive as breastfeeding thrown into a group of hormonal mothers is bound to cause some issues... :roll: Think the OP actually knew this before posting :shhh:

Yeah to be honest I smell a bit of a rat... :think:

Why come on a forum after 9 posts and make that sort of comment...like you said Squig, either immaturity or wanting to cause a fight.

Is nothing decent on the tv tonight??!
:lol:

just let the thread die then, much more effcetive way of getting rid of trolls ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back