Who gets called when your in labour ?

Was thinking about the txt buddy thing earlier actually. Like I don't mind things being said on here but i have family who live away who I reckon would be pissed off to find out I had given birth via facebook. Haha, so il have to get my txt bud to say don't mention anything on facebook straight away until it's pretty obvious from messages on there, if u all get me? Am I making sense?

Does that make sense!? Xxx

im the same heidi. i want to be the one to announce it on facebook once close family and friends know 1st. xxx

I don't want anybody knowing (apart from OH of course, who will be taking me to hospital and staying with me) until after baby is born. I want to be settled, showered, and had enough time just the 3 of us to bond before we have any visitors.
I figured there will be PLENTY of time in the following weeks for visitors, I just want those first few hours to be special and just us!

my mum brother and sister will get a text to say i have gone in and when delivered but they are 70 miles away so i know they wont turn up at the hospital

and my mil will know as she is having my other kids so will be here when we get home

Nmf- yeah, we will have the numbers of everyone we want to know with us to let know but depending on the time it all happens an stuff might be akward. Like I have some family in London who are teachers an not easy to get hold of! As long as the main people don't find out via facebook I won't be bothered!

Xxx

exactly heidi. i have certain friends that are on facebook but would like to send them a photo of him with weight, time etc and name as most of them have been kept in the dark. xx

oh dear :( i hadn't given this that much thought, but mainly because . . . my parent live half and hour away, though i know if i called they would be here day or night to take me to the hospital, and would then probably just come to my house as its only 10mins from the hospital! my problem is visitors . . . my MIL has holiday booked, that we agreed she would spend with us, before we found out we're expecting! now this holiday happens to land on the week before and the week after my due date :( i do like my MIL but i DO NOT want her at my birth or near my son once he is born, she normally lives over 200 miles away, and we agreed she could spend those two weeks with us as it's SIL's 20th birthday within those two weeks . . . which now happens to be the day before i'm due :(

i don't know what to do :(

My plan was that hubby and I would go to hospital and we would text our parents/brothers to say in labour and keep them posted but not tell any friends until after baby had arrived. However, I went into labour during my baby shower so all of my friends were texting me throughout! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back