who to tell when in labour?

suzzi

Reaction score
are you telling mums, dads, MILs, sisters etc as soon as you go in labour or when you go to hospital or maybe when youve had lo.

im not sure when to say anything, if its the middle of the night ill leave it till morning, but if its daytime im thinking when i go to hospital x x

I just went to hospital and told everyone when i had baby in my arms. Although with Jake i was induced so everyone knew anyway what was happening xx

I will probably call my mum to let her know when i go into labour but after that I'm planning on sending a text out to a couple of friends, my mum and mil when i am in proper labour and will prob keep them updated by text too. I'm telling them to not be calling me, OH or the Hospital as when i've had baby or if there's any problems i will let them know.

ill have to tell my mum as ive got 2 teenage kids and they wont be able to keep it to themselves lol also if im in a long time i wont want them on their own to long, even though they are sensible and mature enough to get ready for school and college and make something to eat.

apart from that think it will be when im at the hospital and i know how dilated i am and whats happening.

Well my inlaws will be having my 2 little ones when i go in so i suppose they will know lol and i will prob text my sister to ring my mum. x

My mum wants a call as soon as anything happens but i'm not going to phone her until i absolutley have too which will hopefully be once baby is here. She will worry and she will also tell everyone and my hubby would rather be the one to tell our friends and family. If i have to be induced again then my mum will come down from Scotland to be with my 2 children as it could take quite a while and i dont want to impose on my friend who is on standby for us for too long.

Im dreading this part as I dont want them all buzzing around me!!

I think first person ill be ringing is best friend as I want her there before anyone else really.

I think this'll cause arguments. I'd not want to tell anyone but my OH will want to tell his whole family, but I know what they are like, they'd probs be at the hosp before us waiting outside! I don't want that. If my OH's away (and he does work away a lot) I guess my mum :S

Eeekk! Hadn't thought about this! OH and my mum will be with me. But other then that, I guess a few texts to close family but will tell them not to come down until I say so. Also, not to phone or bother us. We will keep them up to date with any developments. I kinda want to do it without hassle and people bothering me!xx

If my parents are over from England when it happens then they will obvs know. If not it depends on the time of day. We will probs tell the in laws as well. I don't think either set of parents will annoy us too much, it'll be a case of "don't call us, we'll call you". If my parents are here but o/h is still away then mum will come with me. If everyone is away then I guess it'll have to be MIL :roll:

Our parents - and we'll have to ask MIL to doggysit for us too, so she'll have to know as soon as anything happens.

If its the middle of the night we'll wait to tell anybody. Other than that will probably just tell our parents by phone to let them know its started but i know they'll leave us to it unless we ask otherwise. Then ive promised my best friend and sister txt updates x

My dad will know cos he is taking us to hospital we r gonna tell everyone else once Orlando is here

Everyone is assuming that we'll tell them as soon as I'm in labour but we're not going to. I don't want the hassle of everyone either turning up to the hospital or phoning and texting constantly for updates. We're just going to tell people once he's here.

I have to tell my mum as she is my second birthing partner - so guess my dad will know then too - but other than that no one else until the baby has arrived :)

I will have to tell my sil as she is having Thomas for us and then mil will find out then she will tell everyone in the pub she has so I will have to tell her to say nothing lol I want to tell people and I also want me and hubby to be the first to announce it on fb otherwise I shall be pissed off that everyone knows and it wasn't me who told them with regards to people calling and messaging us they didn't last time so I doubt they will this time either xxx

Have to tell a close friend to come over to dog sit for us and my parents live in Spain so need to know "as soon as I feel a twinge" so they can get over in time. I will def text my sisters and my good friend who wants to send me positive labour vibes :) that'll be it. Rest will find out
once baby arrives

Oh and of course we'll all be telling our PF text buddy's right?? :good:

ooh yes princess defo x x love to read a labour watch x x

Oh and of course we'll all be telling our PF text buddy's right?? :good:

damn right missy!

am i the only one who is such an attention seeker that i am planning on telling quite a few people :blush:

its probably a stupid idea but i want everyone to know lol!

i'll tell my mum as she is on my list as a birthing partner with OH, then OH will tell his mum and so all of his family will find out. my brother will know coz he lives with my mum so then its only fair someone tells my dad.

..and then i was thinking i will text my closest friends too :oooo: they are all so excited they said they want to know asap!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back