Labour

sarahking20

Reaction score
HI all,
this is my second baby and i am due today.

i was induced at 42 weeks last time and had labour and delivery in 4 hours which was extremely painful. ive been told i have a high pain thresh-hold, and by the time i couldn't take the pain anymore it was too late for pain releif and my daughter was born 10 mins later. (i tried entinox, but made me sick!)

This time i'm worried about getting to the hospital in time. I had a membrane sweep yesterday (15/4) and since late last night i have been losing my mucus plug and had pains that are getting worse in my lower abdomen (near the groins), but i don't know if they're contractions as they seem to be there nearly all the time. any ideas?
When is the best time to go to the hospital? when i can't take the pain anymore? i havn't been told, as i think they asume i know.
I dont fancy having the baby half way to the hospital and asking my other half to catch!!
(It takes me 20 mins to drive to the hospital)

Sorry if i sound a bit blonde, just worried!

Thanks, Sarah
xxx

Hi Sarah

if I was you, I would call delivery suite and give them your history and explain what is happening. They should be able to give you advice on how to proceed. Even if it is to come in, so they can check your progress. Or to sit tight.

Good luck and let us know :hug:

I was advised by my hospital to go in when contractions are regularly 5 minutes apart and lasting longer than 1 min.

As Fuffins has said I would call them anyway just to see what they advise.

Good luck, hope you have your baby soon.

yep would definitely run it past delivery - they can advice you and will probably wnat to examine you to get an idea of how you are doing - I had a 45 minute labour with my second so know how you feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back