which stretch mark cream?

nikkif

Reaction score
Hello

Just wondered what creams you were using? I am using the Avent cream but have heard bio oil is good and wondered if to swop over. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences or the different ones?

ALso i have heard that some people will get stretch marks whatever they use its, if you are going to get them then you will- does anyone know how true this is??

xx

I've been using cocoa butter right from the start and I haven't had one single stretch mark.
I kept rubbing it on a scar I had and it soon vanished.

I used the body shop cocoa butter moisturising stick and then when that finished am now using the Avent cream, touch wood I havent any stretch marks YET but I have also heard that you can get them even if you use cream, if you're gonna get them then nothing will stop them. I think it's because I lost quite a bit of weight, put it on and lost it again so maybe my tummy was a bit more 'elastic'. though I'm bigger now then I ever was before :rotfl:

I've been using cocoa butter aswell as Avent cream :shock:

Doing my best to keep stretch marks at bay but if I get them then I get them :roll:

ive been using decleor arromessence oil and sculpting cream, none as yet! also drinking plenty of water and eating right. ive also heard that if youre gonna get em, youre gonna get em, lets keep our fingers crossed!!

I've been using bio oil...approaching 25 weeks not a mark insight.
I also use a general body butter cream from Body Shop, Brazil Nut for dry skin (always used it pre-preg too!) it's £12 per tub or £20 for two. I love the stuff, highly recommend it.

I have read on this forum where some people have used creams but still got stretch marks. I haven't bothered with any creams, I'm gonna chance it.

My friend put bio oil on twice a day and was doing really well right up until the last month then got a bunch of them on her stomach. So I think if you're going to get them, you'll get them.

I'm still trying to put either bio oil or palmers stretch mark cream on most days. Such a pain in the arse though!

Good luck ladies in our fight against the marks!

hi i used cocoa butter all tru my first PG and still got loads of stretch marks!. it depends on your skin flexibility, some ppl will get hem no matter what, but those who moisterise normally before pregnancy etc are less likely to get them. i still use the cocoa butter cream tho cus moisterisin is still good and im hopin with this pregnancy that if my skin stretched so much before i wont get many this time so fingers crossed. xxxxx

Lady at work just told me to moisturise and that if you're gonna get them then creams aren't gonna make a difference so may as well use normal moisturiser.

Though I was a size 8 before and they've estimated the birth weight at 7.5 - 9lb, so no matter how many creams I use I don't think I've got much chance of avoiding spaghetti line skin!!!

I've got the palmers & body shop cocoa butter, but I also think that if you're going to get them cream won't help. It says in the book I got from MW that cream won't help, but it's nice to rub on. Fingers crossed they stay away x

im using mediterranean honey olive neroli massage body butter.cause i got a voucher from bountty to get them buy one get one free as their £5 each so bargain :)this can be used on thighs,tummy,bottom,breasts but avoid the nipple area use twice a day.

OopsyDaisy said:
I have read on this forum where some people have used creams but still got stretch marks. I haven't bothered with any creams, I'm gonna chance it.

I'm with you babe let destiny take control! :rotfl:

i bought 3 tubs of bio oil at a tenner each used them religiously and still got marks onmy tummy..i used cocoa butter..other stretchmark creams and they still appeared, i guess theres just no stopping them

I have always had dry skin so have always moisturised form head to toe when ever I have a bath or shower, since I got pregnant I switched to palmers cocoa butter. Not a stretch mark in sight so far....
My parents treated me to a "mum to be" kit form mams and paps and it has a anti-stretch marke oil in it, which I now put on after a nice long soak in the tub and it is lovely, smells gorgeous... would not pay for it myself tohugh - it was £35 for 3 small bottles of oil - the others ones are for tired legs and a massage oil.

I used cocoa butter and avent cream with my first pregnancy and didn't have a single stretch mark - until she was born, then I had tonnes!! :|
This time I've been using olive oil, its great for dry skin as I don't think you can do that much about stretch marks! if you're going to get them you'll get them :(

I'm not far along enough yet to see any benfits from creams (an still using them though!) but my mum used rich hand cream for me and my 2 brothers, and has no strech marks at all!! Might be worth a try (cheaper too!)

just use baby oil everyday with out fail... in the morning and at night

you shouldn't get any :wink:

good luck :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111