• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Hospital....

LucyH

Reaction score
Hi All,

It feels like I am making the biggest decision & I am really struggling to choose...

I would really love to hear your advice please mummy's & mummy's to be...

Ok

Hospital 1:

Its an MLU - lovely huge rooms, with double beds (hubby can sleep in too) its like a house - the babies are put in white rocking cots - Not the hospital plastic cots!! Basically its like being at home - plus its only 2 mins from my house and easier access...

The only thing is - if there are any complications during labour or after I will have to be transferred to a hospital by ambulance in the city approx 15mins away..

Hospital 2:

Its an MLU - Double bed...but more like a 4 star hotel than being at home!!! basically the same as above!! but.... the parking is a nightmare / its a good 15/20mins to get there - my hubby would definitely get lost when parking and findings his way back - he doesn't really know how to get there - a lot of stress & worry before hand...

The first hospital they only allow you to got there if all is ok with you and bubs and they offered it to me!!!

Would love any advice you can offer please ladies xxxx

Last edited:
Wow- wish I had choices like that! No advice really as only you will know what is best for you. Am sur either will be great.

first one as your OH knows how to get there and stuff. thats my vote :) x

Thanks Annie050408 - Its really bugging me choosing :(

Thanks flexilexi394 - yeh I like the first one - just the whole ambulance scares me :(

I think when it comes to the time you won't care about the ambulance as long as you are being looked after. Also on the plus side, if you arrive by ambulance you won't need to worry about parking! :)

id say it would depend on your personality if your not a worrier and nice and relaxed type go with one if your more nervous then go with 2 and just borrow a sat nav for hubby

i agree, the first one sounds like the logical choice. it's near your home, your hubby can park and knows his way and if the worst comes to the worst and you do need an ambulance, at least you're in safe hands and being looked after by trained staff!
chances are you'll be fine but it's better to be safe than sorry. good luck with which ever one you choose though, wish I had those kind of choices near me! xxx

Brilliant ladies, thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! Really appreciate the help & support!!! I love this forum - is full of such lovely people!! :) Thanks for the taking the time to read & comment xxx

Thanks, I have a week Tuesday to decide..... Im swaying towards hospital 1.... :)

Could you do a couple of practice runs to 2nd one to get hubby used to it? Personally I'd go with 1 but 2 sounds gorgeous!!!! x

Well either sound lovely to me

I would get OH to drive to Hospital 2 and practice this week before you decide and see how it is .
don't forget you can drive there each week if needs be until he is happy with route and always atakes a time or two to suss out the parking.

Then you will be in a good place to decide - good luck - both sound top places

Thanks JJ Mum for all your advice :)

The only problem is ....my hubby cant practice as yet - he is away until August 26th :( eeeekkk!! Cutting it very fine!! He is away with the forces :( But is home for 4 weeks on the 26th!!! yay!!!

So we wont have any time to practice before I choose... its horrible making such decisions without him - he said he is happy with whatever I decide...

Im thinking Hospital one at the moment....... but i just need to get rid of the worry!!!!

How is your pregnancy going?? When is your next scan?? Hope all is well xxx

Eek - my nearest hospital is 45mins by car away. You are so lucky to have a choice!

It didn't really worry me - but now I'm getting closer to the end, it's a little concern that is niggling. But there's nothing I can do about it really. I sort of imagined I would have a long labour anyway, but now I'm hoping I do so I definitely get there!!

Yeh I suppose, we shouldnt worry about things we can not change, you will have to go straight in - too make sure you have plenty of time!! Im sure you will be prepared and it will all be fine xxx

I would say number one - if you are having a trouble free/low risk pregnancy then you should have no worries - stay positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back