If im induced can i still go to a MLU?

scaredbuthappy

Reaction score
Hi im 4 days overdue today, booked in for a sweep on sunday. Just wondering if i end up being induced can i still give birth at a midwife led unit or would i need to go into hospital?
Ive chosen mlu over hospital and would really rather go to the mlu but usually you have to be low risk (which i am) and just wondered if being induced makes you high risk or will i need to give birth in hospital because they dont have the facility to induce at a MLU? Is it normally that you have to go to a hospital and give birth in a hospital when you have been induced? Thank you :hug:

i think it has to be hospital hun as you will need constant monitering

In my home from home leaflet it says that women who are induced can't go into the unit as they need constant monitoring so i reckon the answer will be no i'm afrain :(

Yes I think it will have to be hospital. Before I was induced the MW told me that they would put me in a 'high tech' delivery room and that the obstetricians would be aware that I was being induced as it carries a slightly higher risk of ending in C-section.

Nope, hospital in consultant led unit only. No MW led unit if induced.

With induction they like to monitor you and it may mean being hooked up to a drip to help things along.

I'd hang on if you are happy enough to wait for your LO to arrive in their own time. If you are low risk and healthy and all is well with LO I'd let nature take its course. Far nicer for you both and all being well you can deliver in a MW led unit then too.

FWIW you don't *have* to be induced if there is no medical reason for it. Being overdue IMO isn't a medical reason so I would always decline if I was asked. Can consider induction if LO isn't here by 42 weeks. Depends on your personal preference I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back