Which baby monitor would you recommend?

NewDads

Reaction score
Hi everyone..:)

I was wondering what babymonitors you would recommend? And what about the sensor pads, do they work?

Depends what sort you are looking for. Are you after one that you can see baby or just hear them? x

Just hear them, i don't think the video function is necessary. I would like it to hold charge for a long time..:)

We had a Lindam Clarity one which was good. Around 6/7 hours battery life. It also had a temperature display on it which was a really good idea x

BT do a similar one that costs a bit more but battery life is 10 hours x

BT do a similar one that costs a bit more but battery life is 10 hours x

So it could only be on for 10 hours? What if you were along on vacation and forgot to charge it..:S Seems a bit short.

Im assuming you would take the charger with you.

we have angelcare sensor pad monitor, it's been ace. holds its charge pretty well but we often just have it plugged in

we have angelcare sensor pad monitor, it's been ace. holds its charge pretty well but we often just have it plugged in

Did you have any false alarms with the sensor bad? I know i would be so scared if it went of.

just a couple when he used to squish right up into the top of the cot, but we didnt have it on a plank of wood like it is meant to be. good luck with your research could be a good idea for those that forget a monitor when they go away?!

I've got the tommee tippee movement sensor monitor and love it, absolutely no complaints.

I cannot fault my BabySense II sensor mat monitor. It is the single best £70 I've ever spent. Still using it now at 11 months old. It doesn't go off falsely. It's just bloody brilliant!

I have this one and I love it! i use the sound activation feature cos the buzzing drove me mental, we used to have a tommee tippee and it drove me up the wall.

The best feature is the timed mute button. Brilliant if youre doing controlled crying cos you can just drift back into sleep when the baby is stirring and know that within a few mins you'll be woken again if the babys still awake. I was so tired once with the old tommee tippee and i used to turn it off and wait 3 mins before going in, so OH wouldnt be disturbed, and I fell asleep once, dunno how long LO had been crying for but the monitor wasnt on so he'd reached hysterics by the time I heard him :( proper guilty mummy moment!

Last edited:
I've been using a Tomy Breathing Sensor from essentials4baby, its not ever gone off for no reason and I wouldn't be without it.

We have the Angel Care with sensor mat. Its great. Actually we have two, the older model for our two year old (just so we can hear she is awake when we're downstairs) and the newer model for our 4 month old.

The older one has a temperature display on the baby monitor, along with the setting for choosing just sound, sound and movement, just movement etc.

The new one just has a light and an on/ off switch on the baby unit. This is better because what use is a baby unit with a temperature display? Your baby can't read it :roll:

We sit downstairs and control everything from there, max temp and min temp alarms, movement sensor on and off, the temperature display, all sorts of features.

As for false alarms, these will generally happen as soon as a baby goes from a moses basket to a crib or cot and start to wriggle around in the night. The first couple of times it happened we panicked but all our little girl did was to go from the bottom of her cot to the top and was sound asleep.

We tried another monitor for our second baby, a BT one I think. I have to say the Angel Care monitors are brilliant and the quality is good too. The latest one has a rechargable parent unit that cen be sat in its cradle or taken out and carried around.

Hope this helps.

Stu

I have the angel care monitor with sensor pad and love it! The only time I've had a false alarm is when I've took LO out of the cot and forgot to turn it off! Lol!

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

I also have the tommee tippee sensor pad, it is great, no problems at all, had some false alarms at the start until we realised the pad was ever so slightly out of place. The actual monitor part where you hear baby also has a function where you can speak to baby in the bedroom.

:)

Last edited:
I also have the tommee tippee digital with sensor pad, Its great, has a temperatue display, and the only times i ever had a false alarm was when matthew started moving around too much, but by then it wasnt really needed and I took it out!
Has quite a large range of 100metres.
Would recommend to anyone
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER