Baby Monitor

marley

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

my friend came to visit last last night with her 5 month old baby. She has a motorola monitor, which was fab.

Im looking for a good video monitor, can anyone recommend?

I know you can also get the ones with the sensor mats. Has anyone purchased one of these?

Thanks

xxxx

My friend had one of those sensor mats and it drove her absolutely bonkers. Kept alarming all the time, and she'd run into her little boy's room and he was completely fine. She threw it in the bin in the end, said she couldn't justify selling it on e-bay and putting somebody else through all of that needless worry. Based on her experiences, I wouldn't recommend one of those!

Hi Susanne,

I was just reading a review on a sensor mat, i was thinking it might make me personally, more anxious.

Going to stick to the video monitor! x

I've got a sensor mat one and it gives me peace of mind. Although its annoying when i forget to turn it off before picking Jake up and it goes off at 3am!!

i've just thought what if baby, is up in its room ( a few months down the line ) I can see her on the screen, but if she didn't move i wouldn't know arghh..... what do i buy one or the other or both?

We live in an old town house and baby could be up on the top floor and i could be in the basement and i need to see her.....xxxxxx

I had the sensor mat when my son was a baby and I thought it was brilliant! I actually slept in-between feeds rather than worrying. And I've just bought one in asda on sale :) x
It's your own preference Hun x

I've just brought the Philips advent video monitor as my friend likes hers so much, tested on the dog the other day but she didn't like it and just kept barking at it!

Thanks ladies, your opinions are slowly helping me to decide what i wanna go for! xx

I have the tommee tippee sensor mat and I love it. It's hard remembering to turn it off between sleeps but you get used to it. It's hard to live without it once you've used it, I'm currently camping and it's the first time I've gone without it and I'm getting up in the night to check her. Usually I see the little flashing light and I'm reassured.

My friend has a video monitor and places a pair of socks on her babies chest to see it rise and fall!

i am going with video monitpr... and given it to husband as a job for him to sort out. He is really chuffed that he has a job, means he feels a bit more involved, and its gadget shopping which he loves!! i just told him it needs to be a video monitor so we can see the baby in the nursery at night, otherwise i am putting a bed for me in the nursery!!
he keeps telling me about different ones he has found really excited! it really cute!! (you would think it was the most important purchase for the baby!!) xxx

I used a video monitor with my little man and it was brilliant, i made sure it worked at the weekend so we can use it again. I used to find myself staring at the monitor rather than watching the tv x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back