Baby monitor advice please!!

hellywelly

Reaction score
Not sure whether or not to get one of the baby monitors with a sensor pad to avoid sleepless nights staring in the cot doing the whole 'are you still breathing?' thing. If you have used one of these before which did you have and would you recommend? A friend has suggested the Tommee Tippee one but has anyone else had this?

Also, if I did decide to go for one without the sensor mat, what would you recommend? Not particularly bothered about a video monitor, the audio is more important to me.

Many thanks!!

We have the angel care system. I love it! Especially when he was tiny! Now he's older, if we go away, we just take the monitor bit and leave the sensor pad at home x I haven't used any others though so I can't comment x I imagine they're pretty much the same?

I had the analogue TT and hated the interference on it. Then spent a fortune on the TT digital and sensor mat. The audio part was great and the sensor mat was fantastic when she was in the Moses basket but I had a few false alarms with the mat when I moved her into a cot. I've just recently stopped using the digital TT and sold it on eBay. I don't use a monitor at all now, After following Hv's advise I felt comfortable enough to stop using one. I've read the majority of mums on here love the angel care. If I was going to b one with a sensor mat again I'd get one which has two sensor mats so when baby is older and moves around in the cot it doesn't give a false alarm.

I'm getting the Angelcare one i've heard good reviews for it.

Not sure whether or not to get one of the baby monitors with a sensor pad to avoid sleepless nights staring in the cot doing the whole 'are you still breathing?' thing. If you have used one of these before which did you have and would you recommend? A friend has suggested the Tommee Tippee one but has anyone else had this?

Also, if I did decide to go for one without the sensor mat, what would you recommend? Not particularly bothered about a video monitor, the audio is more important to me.

Many thanks!!

Hey Hun,

I went for the angel care sound and movement monitor. Xx:)

I used TT one with dd and just bought a new TT one for this baby.

Never had a problem with TT one x

We have the angelcare and wouldn't be without it x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Haven't used it yet, but we have the angel care one, loads of ladies on here recommended it.

Watch out for offers if you have time - we got ours nearly half off on kiddie care a few months ago.

Xxx

Thanks for all the advice ladies. My mum thinks I'm being really paranoid but then I keep thinking IF anything did happen then I'd never forgive myself that I didn't do as much as I could to stop it.

Also, someone said the sensor pads don't work as well on sprung mattresses as they do on foam. Is this the case? We have bought a sprung mattress as we have a cot bed and I don't want lots of false alarms!!

We have a sprung mattress and it works perfectly x you can adjust the sensitivity with the angel care pad x we've never had any false alarms (except for when we've taken Sebastian out and forgot to turn it off!)

^^wss plus we used to put LO in her Moses basket inside the cot and it picked her up through all those layers so it's very good!

Again only have false alarms when taken LO out and forgot to put it on hold! X

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I didn't buy a sensor one I couldn't see the point, I remember watching my son sleep for a few nights and worrying, but nothing other than that.

I bought the BT 250 because it has really good audio apparently I think it's one of the which best buys.

We ordered the snuzza. It looks like a pedometer that you attach to the front of the baby's diaper and it monitors rhe baby's breathing, but your don't have to worry about the baby rolling off a sensor pad, or setting off the alarm when you pick up the baby in the middle of the night. We also got a regular monitor :)

I will be getting an apnoea monitor from the hospital due to family medical history.
My SIL has one, and even though they aren't the same thing, when they have false alarms its horrible! I think that even if you have this type of equipment, if god forbid anything awful were to happen, it would happen anyway.. Sorry if thats abit depressing :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back