• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where's good for maternity clothes?!

mouse9210

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find somewhere online that does nice maternity clothes that don't cost a fortune....it's my dad's 60th at the weekend and we're having a party, loads of people will be there and I want to show off my bump!

It's not a dressy thing, so I wanted to do the whole jeans and nice top combo...I still fit into my jeans, but I can't find anywhere that does nice tops?!

I've got some basics from New Look, but apart from that I am really struggling to find anywhere.

Does anyone know of anywhere that's good?

Thanks so much!!

Best so far for me has been New Look. Red Herring at Debenhams have a small selection, I've found Matalan to be quite poor and Next to be too expensive. I only buy from Mothercare in the sale xx

Thanks leesey - I think we've had pretty similar experiences - New Look is perfect for everyday and good prices, but struggled to find any other high street shops that have maternity stuff that's a) stylish (p.s. for me new look is stylish lol), and b) a reasonable price....it's driving me bonkers!!

I wanted to spend about 20 quid on a nice top, but at this rate I'll end up with just wearing a black vest top! Hardly special is it?!

I've brought a couple of pairs of maternity jeans from Next and I can't fault them - they're really comfy!
I think they've got quite a good selection of tops too. Had to order them online as my local branch doesn't have a maternity section but they arrived next day which was handy. x

I did like some of the stuff on Next, but I hate that you have to set up an account and they pay it the next month - if they just took the payment when I buy it I'd def use them.

My local high street (Bournemouth) literally had one place that did maternity clothes!

H and M has a really good selection and is very reasonable cost wise
x

That's odd- I didn't have to do that. I think I know why though, this could work for you too...
Quite often my address doesn't get recognised when I go to register for online shopping - It didn't on the Next site either.The way round it is to call them direct and place the order saying you couldn't enter your address properly - they take payment from a card there and then so you won't have to wait a month to pay. That's how I did it anyway! :) x

With Next online you can pay as soon as you ordered as I have done this recently even though I do have an account. You may still have to set up an account though. x

Asos were fab and cheap when I was pregnant before I kept what I bought before thankfully!

Thanks sarahstar and butterflykisses! I used Next a couple of years ago and I had no problems placing the order, but then the money didn't leave my account - amonth later I got a statement of my account with the outstanidng amount - it was a bit of a hassle to be honest and I've not shopped there since - cuz I like to pay when I buy something, not a month later lol!

But thanks for letting me know cuz now I can buy from there! Hurrah!

Thanks mrskb - I have got a couple of basics from H&M, the selection os pretty small though and the shop I went to had a completely different selection to the website, nicer stuff actually, but I can't make it to the shops before Saturday.

And thanks for that tinkerbell - hadn't even thought of them!! Will look now!

ive managed to get most of mine from matalan and H&M and dorotghy perkins x

I hope so too!! I have no idea what to wear on Saturday... :(

I've got most of my things from ebay! I just got a few basics for work from H&M and New Look.

Have you tried Peacocks? They have their own maternity range and dead cheep, I got maternity stretchy smart black trousers there for work when I was preg for £8

Or depending on your bump size just wear a normal nice top and it will stretch over and be more fitted and show of a 20 week bump nicely, you don't want to drown bumpage out in a big maternity sized top? Lots of tops ruche up nicely in the middle, but I wore on to a wedding at 8 mths and no one notticed,, or offered me a seat etc, I felt robbed !!

Thanks jjmum - checked out the peacocks website but it's temporarily down.

Yeah I might just get something and stretch it over my bump - I'm not massive yet but just want to look fabulous!

I was talking to my husband, he reckons there must be millions of women who are pregnant at any one time in the country - yet maternity clothes are scarce and seem to be relegated to a couple of racks at the back of the odd shop. I find it so frustrating - I love shopping but shoping for maternity clothes is no fun when you can't flippin find them! lol

Hi, iv bought a load of stuff from topshop website, and I really like there stuff. They have some nice tops, or dresses that could be worn with leggings :) also got a few things from Dorothy Perkins, but me personally prefer the topshop stuff. Also Asos have stuff but havnt ordered anything yet! But seen a cute wee dress!!!xxx

Ive ordered a couple of dresses from new looks website and some bits from next too, hope you sorted hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back