Where to change Northern Irish notes?Anyone from bank or PO?

nickilubs

Reaction score
My OHs mummy sent me some money for my birthday :D

Thing is its Northern Irish notes and I have no idea if anywhere over here will change them. I know that shops here deffo wont take them and I dont know if banks and post office will because there not really classed as "legal tender" or something! Any ideas? x

if it has sterling on them then its legal tender, if not you willl have to take it the berau de change. in a bank or travel agents.

happy birthday

they're definitely legal tender hon - anyone who doesn't take them is an idiot :lol: :lol: if you can't be arsed arguing though, just take them to any bank to swap them. x

:dance: Yay cool! I never thought anywhere here took them! Or they charged to change them, yay I'll change them in the bank on Monday then yeeey! :D

As said before if it says Sterling on it then it's fine. Otherwise a main post office or any bank should change them. I used to work in a post office.

It's legal, the only reason it may be doubted is because a few years ago some people nicked millions of pounds from Ulster Bank, and people were warned not to accept NI notes until...some new ones were issued or something? But I've used NI notes on the mainland plenty of times since then and it's always been ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back