Where does your baby sleep?

LucyBee

Reaction score
How long did your baby sleep in the same room as you or when did you move your baby to his own room?

I'm finding it hard to sleep with the moses basket next to me as Tom makes so much noise whilst he sleeps but I know that guidelines say you should have them in your room for the first 6 months.

Lx

madi sleeps in her moses basket next to me :) she will be going into her cot at the weekend

all my babies have slept in the same room as me in a moses basket next to the bed. I must admit that most of the time they are in bed with me though coz we both like it that way.
As soon as they outgrow their moses basket they go straight into their own room though.

If You are happy putting Tom in his own room now and you think that both of you will sleep better then do it.

there is no right and wrong way of parenting lucybee. If your way works then its right for YOU and thats what counts. :hug:

defineately what budge says hun its whenever you feel ready for bubs to be in his own room, i lasted 4 weeks because Alfie has always been a fighter of sleep and if he knows im there he wont go off, too scared of missing something, we both slept better when he was in his own room and he loves it now he has big smiles when he goes in there at night. try him see how you feel if your not ready then you can bring him back

keeley's still in my room at the mo but as soon as we move out she will have her own room :D

Oliver is in his own room and has been since he was about 10 weeks old - just do whatever feels right for you and your baby :D

Harrison is in our room in his crib & will be there until he's 6 months, i know he would be fine but its purely to put my mind at rest, its enitrely up to when you feel ready to put baby in their own room there's no right or wrong time

Leorah went in her own room at 6 weeks and we all slept better. I am so glad we did it that way as she started sleeping longer and longer only waking once in the night and by 10 weeks she was sleeping through. I think it was as disturing for her being with me as it was for me being with her as she always wanted to play!

Definitely go with what's right for you, you can't go wrong that way :hug:

Charlie went in to his own room at 7 weeks, i couldnt get a wink with all the grunting and snuffling noises he made and it was driving me mad!!!
He went through in his moses basket and then into his big cot at 10 weeks.

swan1 said:
Charlie went in to his own room at 7 weeks, i couldnt get a wink with all the grunting and snuffling noises he made and it was driving me mad!!!
He went through in his moses basket and then into his big cot at 10 weeks.

:lol: :lol: i think sometimes babies in the same room can be a disturbance to both baby and mother. each waking each other up during the night :lol:
i am surprised my snoring doesn't disturb Rachael - but she seems not to have noticed :sleep:

Alastair was in his room from the beginning but when he got ill i brought him n with us, his cot into our room that is. But 9 times out of 10 round about 3ish he comes into our bed thats the way i like it :D :D :D

sophie27 said:
Alastair was in his room from the beginning but when he got ill i brought him n with us, his cot into our room that is. But 9 times out of 10 round about 3ish he comes into our bed thats the way i like it :D :D :D

thats exactly tha same as me sophie. Rachael goes to sleep around 9pm and sleeps until around 4 or 4 and i bung her in bed with me simply coz im lazy

budge said:
sophie27 said:

thats exactly tha same as me sophie. Rachael goes to sleep around 9pm and sleeps until around 4 or 4 and i bung her in bed with me simply coz im lazy

me too Budge :rotfl:

Plus he is my last baby so i wanna treasure every moment of him as a baby :hug: :hug: :hug:

sophie27 said:
budge said:
sophie27 said:

me too Budge :rotfl:

Plus he is my last baby so i wanna treasure every moment of him as a baby :hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG im the same. coz shes my last i want to keep her a baby for as long as possible! im goingto encase her in concrete so she can't crawl :rotfl:

Stanley is next to our bed and comes in with us from 4am ish. I couldn't be bothered to trapse across the landing all night.

His loving decorated nursery is a laundry dumping ground and I'm loath to give up the extra space, but since my poor baby is now outgrowing his crib we'll have to make the move soon :(

Minxy said:
Stanley is next to our bed and comes in with us from 4am ish. I couldn't be bothered to trapse across the landing all night.

His loving decorated nursery is a laundry dumping ground and I'm loath to give up the extra space, but since my poor baby is now outgrowing his crib we'll have to make the move soon :(

rachael has to move into a cot soon too minxy. she fills her moses basket from top to bottom now - but she looks so cosy in it :)

Jakob just moved into his room this week, I find the breathing monitor a real comfort. He seems to sleep better and we dont disturb eachother :)

Hi Lucybee, this is Daggers other half. I've just heard that the World Health Organisation has revised it's recommendation that you should keep Tom in your room until he is at least 11 years old, making sure he has the Sky Plus remote and a good supply of breast milk :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back