When's everyone goin on mat leave?

I'm really lucky, I work in a school, my baby is due on 7th sept, but I get the summer holidays, and then start mat leave on 2nd sept! So I'll finish work at 33 weeks, but start maternity at 39 weeks :)

Well timed :). Lucky you.

I'm unsure yet.. I'll finish no later than 6 weeks before my due date, which will be the 26th of September. I'm on countdown already.

Xxx

I'm so jealous of you all going early! My mat leave starts 2 weeks before on 11th November and taking 2 weeks annual leave from 28th October.

I want to go earlier but then I also want time off with baby. I'm taking a year and I already know I'm not going to want to go back!

I was planning to start at 39 weeks so 25th of october as i wanted to work as long as possible!! I can always bring it forward if i need too. :)

xxx

I am due on 6th November and am going to try to work for as long as possible, I will probably go on leave 2 weeks before due date. I would love to finish earlier but I can't afford to as I am on a 2 year contract which I only started last September so I only qualify for 6 weeks at 9/10 of my wages and 33 weeks at lower rate SMP and my contract ends at the beginning of September 2014. So basically the later I go on leave the better as I will only have to return for a few weeks max and I can use up my years annual leave allowance at end of my contract to cover it. I was working out how much better off I would be going back to work early Vs staying at home and after £730 a month child care deducted from my wages etc I might as well stay at home! Going to try and find a better paid job in time for the end of my contract! Such a headache :( xx

I am seriously thinking of asking to go on sick leave from next week, as my back is really killing me and I can't cope any longer and I know it will get worse as I get bigger.

The college is closed for the holidays in a couple of weeks, so I would use my holiday leave as sick leave, then start my maternity leave straight afterwards.

I am hoping I can go on the sick from around 29 June, as that is when the college closes for the summer - although there are summer camps held throughout, but I'm not needed for these thankfully.

So I hope to leave on 29 June and then start my maternity leave on 30 August, when I will 29 weeks. i am going to be taking a year off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back