When r u going on mat leave?

May 11th and I will be 29 weeks. I work as a support worker with young people and run around a lot and travel to one place to another and I can't take it anymore as I get very bad backaches. I wanted to work til end of June but no way I can cope with it.

My leave year runs April to March also. As I said I'm using holidays to let me work part time. I get 6 weeks holiday so not being due back until March I wouldn't have time to take them all before new entitlement. When on maternity you are entitled to all terms as an employee including full annual leave entitlement, in my case free gym use :)

I get free gym and swimming as part of my entitlement too :) not that I have made much use of this over the years! Hoping to take lo swimming regulary though xx

Ive made the mistake of leading my work into thinking I won't be off the full year. They know money is tight for us and that I intend to take less time off (4-6 months) so technically I might need holidays for end of the year. But you have all been really helpful and made me really have a good think about the holiday side of things and to be honest who knows what will happen I might actually take longer off on mat leave.
Hopefully I'll get good nights sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow with my thinking cap properly screwed on and a positive mood!!

I was supposed to be working until 38 weeks, but I've only just turned 28 weeks and I'm already exhausted due to lack of sleep so I don't think I'm going to be able to stick it out until then :| Will have to have a look at my plans / annual leave over the weekend I think, and then email my boss about it next week (and hope he doesn't freak out as they still haven't got round to advertising for my replacement yet).

Feel bad for my friend (who is also my colleague) because if I finish earlier there's no way they'll have a replacement in before I go which means she's going to end up with all my work and she's going to have to train the new person. I know it's not my fault, and she told me I wasn't allowed to worry about it, but she's already stressed with the amount of work and this will just make it worse :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back