When's everyone goin on mat leave?

I'm thinking of starting mine around the end of october, very early november. Im due 3rd december so I will be around 35/36 weeks. However, Im a nurse on a very busy and heavy ward and Im already struggling at only 15 weeks so it may have to be earlier! x

I'm self employed so planning on just working up as far as I can maybe end of august beginning of sep, due end of sep xx

Taking three weeks holiday before hand so leaving when 37 weeks but maternity actually starts day before my due date! :) Then got another 7 days holiday to take so going down to 4 day weeks in august and some of july. Thats the plan anyway. See how we go... xx

Mat leave starts at 37 weeks but taking a week hol before that so be 36 weeks :) 15 weeks to go... Counting down the days! Xx

I have no idea! Haven't got my form yet and work haven't even asked me! A what point should this be discussed with them? Xxx

My work told me I had to arrange by 25 weeks, I couldn't wait to get my form in and start the count down! Lol!

Love seeing that line "you will return to work 1st October 2014!" :D

I just want as much time with baba after the birth, so going to try to leave it as long as possible :) I'm the main breadwinner too, so need to try to gauge it properly, as mat pay finishes after about 9 months, the longer I leave it, the more time I can have off with baby x

how did you get your form? i meant to ask at my scan but i was so excited after my mind went blank and i forgot!! xxx

I have no real idea when I'm going to take my mat leave. Last time I finished when I was 32 weeks, which was just as well as my LO arrived 4 weeks early!!! Hoping this time I'll go full term, but probably will still leave when I'm around 34/35 weeks. Also hoping to take a career break as well, as can't afford to work and put two children under 3 into childcare...

Glad someone as asked, I was going to soon as not sure when to go off.

Of course I want to be off early, as my job currently doing my head in but also want longer with the baby as can only afford to be off for the 9 months.

I use to be Dog Trainer but on Reception now since being preggers, so its easy work just hate being there.

I was hoping to be off at 36 weeks, hope for a few weeks to relax & get organized. If baby don't decided its fully cooked bu then.

Maternity leave? What's that?! :lol: I work for myself, so I'll be working right up until baby arrives!! I have just stopped scheduling myself in on the rota at my pub/restaurant, as I am starting to struggle being on my feet all day long. So I am restricting myself to office duties and will work more and more from home. I'm already missing being 'at the coalface' so to speak!

I am going at 35 weeks, taking two weeks hols so starting maternity leave at 37 weeks. It's the 2nd week of sept and our financial year runs Oct to sept, so I will get full years bonus. Taking 9 months :)

Well done u ladies for going so late on!!! Wish I was like u!!! X

In leaving on 19th July at 30 weeks! Can't wait to get out of that hell hole! 5 weeks tomorrow yeehaaa haha xx

I am only doing it for the money, otherwise I wouldn't ;)

Officially my mat leaves starts day before I'm due, but I'm taking 3 weeks annual leave before that, initially was only going to take 2 weeks annual leave which would have been 38 weeks, but I'm struggling already in a very stressful job. So hope I can make it to 37 weeks.

I've got 6 weeks left at my job, I'll be 33 weeks by then so I cant wait lol x

I'm still undecided, I have 22 days holiday left, tempted to take it all but may take half and get paid the rest... question: I'm due 2nd November which is a Saturday - so does it start at the begining of that week?

I am starting my leave on 4th August which takes me to 38 weeks. Ideally i'd like to strart earlier because i am back at Christmas!!! However I am head of a department of two in an upper school and have responsibility for exam classes etc, but my current teacher is leaving so I have a new starter in September and it would awful to just leave her.

We did actually appoint my maternity cover chap today and it happens to be a very good friend of mine who I know will do a good job, so I am actually tempted to go a bit earlier, but a lot will depend on how quickly I can get my new lady settled as to when I feel okay about going.

I was in hopsital from 37+3 with my first baby who was born at exactly 38 weeks so who knows if I will actually last it out!

I'm really lucky, I work in a school, my baby is due on 7th sept, but I get the summer holidays, and then start mat leave on 2nd sept! So I'll finish work at 33 weeks, but start maternity at 39 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back