When ?

jld123

Reaction score
When does the bubs turn upside down?

Ive been looking online and diagrams show her head up at 26 weeks and head down at 27 weeks. does this mean she will have turned already?

If she hasnt, will i be able to feel it when she does? I still feel soo much movement at the bottom of my tummy, nothing higher than my belly button yet.

Well I think it depends on the baby. Mine was head down at my 28 week appointment and so I know she is, but I still feel loads of movement quite low down, which is her punching and headbutting me! I do however also get kicked in the ribs and see a little foot stick out under my boob every so often!

I don't think I felt her move, I think she did it gradually but have no idea really!

xx

I was 29 weeks yest and at midwife she said baby was head down. i just hope the little one stays like that! I love all the shifting and wriggling that they do now :) now I get it why pregnant women stand or sit with their hands on their tummy. it's not to be "ooh, look at me" it's so they can feel their little one move! i love it :)

mine isn't down yet and I'm nearly 30 weeks. hope that isn't a sign of things to come :(.

my baby was head down at 28 and a bit week appt but at 30 he had moved lol

My baby was head down at 31 weeks but he can still turn back round. Mw said they don't pay attention to the position of baby until 36 weeks xx

mine was head down at my 28 week scan but was breech at 32 week appointment so im hoping she will be head down by my 34 week scan

My boy has been head down since 25 weeks. I had my 26 week app and said to the midwife that I knew he was head down because I was getting simultaneous jabs upwards and downwards. She couldn't believe it when she had a feel of my tummy and I was right!

Inbetween my 26 and 28 week app he managed to flip himself from the left side to the right but he has remained head down! Hopefully he'll behave and stay down! However the feet and bum in the ribs is beginning to get very uncomfortable now lol x

My midwife told me they can still move position at any point up to around 34/36 weeks.....xx

It all depends really every baby is different they still have lots of room x x

amy was head down at 34 weeks but then was breeched at 39 weeks then turned at 40 weeks dont think she wanted to come out by c sec so it ll depends on baby and size too amy was smaller so i guess she had a lil bit room to move about still

had a scan yesterday and she is head down :)

mine was head down at my 28 week scan but was breech at 32 week appointment so im hoping she will be head down by my 34 week scan

hey, do you actually have a scan at 34 weeks..? :)

Last edited:
how come all you girls are getting extra scans after 20 weeks? I want one!! :) xx

how come all you girls are getting extra scans after 20 weeks? I want one!! :) xx

No you don't hopeful, as you only get extra scans if they have concerns about growth, or low placenta or other pregnancy complications!! You're better off with a straight forward pregnancy and no need for extra scans :) xx

ah right...oops. sorry!

but, how do they know to look on a scan to check everything is OK if they don't scan you? If that makes sense...

xx

i have to have growth scans because i have low bmi so they just like to check my babies grow properly they always have done but im not going to turn down extra scans haha i think you also get them if you have high bmi if they checked your fundal height and it was way out for what you are then you would also get an extra scan to be on the safe side :)

but someone mentioned that during a scan the sonographer noticed low fluid and there was all panic stations. is low fluid something that would be picked up without a scan? x

she was having a 4d scan done privatlym i presume you would measure alot smaller than your dates when they do the fundal height

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back