When do babies turn?!

HideiLu

Reaction score
At my first 3d scan (27 weeks) little man was breech with his head to my right side, we went back at 30 weeks and he was still breech but to my left and can still feel him there now.

I know they move around a fair bit, but on average when do they expect babies to be head down?! :think:

I was told they get into their final (ish) position from around 36 weeks. From around 34 weeks they said the baby has little room to move but can still turn but 36 onwards is when they are going to stay once they have made their snuggly little position

yeah they don't tend to be able to move after 36 weeks.

Sandi

Aww good, he has plenty more time to roll around in my tum then x

He's still got time to move, but you may want to try some of the methods of encouraging him to move, i can imagine having a head in your ribs cant be comfortable!

Theres no harm in trying rocking on birthing ball or being on all fours. You dont wanna be worrying about it in a few weeks time when he's bigger

Most babies have adopted ther final position by 36 weeks, but having a breech baby myself I am surprised at the number of women who have told me theirs turned the night before labour!!!!

J
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back