when woud they do a sweep?

sheena287

Reaction score
Hiya all! just wondering when the midwife would do a sweep? i dont see midwife again until mon 15th, im due on sat 13th so if baby has not arrived (cant see it happening, no signs at all!) would i have a sweep done at that appointment as i would be 40+2? this is my second baby but had my first at 36 weeks so dont really know what happens later on! thanks xx

My last midwife appointment was at 40+1, she would've done a sweep then but i was measuring small, so i needed to be done at hospital. So i had mine done at 40+5.
You can always ask the midwife at the appointment.

Mine was done at 41 weeks.

Mine was done at 40+5... I measured 3 and half weeks too small all the way through but my midwife still did mine.

I think I was 40 + 5 when I had mine but I had a referal to get mine done. My MW wasn't allowed to do it until I was 7 days over. xxx

thanks for the replies, did any of your sweeps work? xx

Nope, didn't work. But i gave birth the day before i was to be induced.

I never got offered one at all with Aimee they just induced my but I had one at 40+3 with Nathan and it worked for me. I had pains for 24 hours following the sweep then my waters broke.

I had a sweep at 40 weeks exactly. Baby measured very small from 34 weeks, and had decreasing amniotic fluid. It did start things off, but Im convinced it made my labour alot longer and more painful than neccessary as it wasn't a natural start to labour.

Just my un-educated opinion though.

my little un was 5lb 12 1/2 oz, so maybe it was for the best, as I don't think my placenta was doing its best towards the end.

xxx

my sweep didn't work no. I ended up being induced.

sheena287 said:
thanks for the replies, did any of your sweeps work? xx

I'll let you know if it works for me, but my friend had one and was in labour the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back