when will you start buying...

MissGobby

Reaction score
..things for your bean???

im not buying anything until my scan which is on the 15th April and so long as everything is fine me and OH are going shopping that day to start buying things...im just too excited i cant wait much longer!!!

when are you going to start buying??

:D

Hiya, how are you doing?
I guess me and my wife will be pretty much the same. Wait until the 12 week scan.
I am worried for myself though. We went into Mothercare just to get a couple of maternity trousers, and I was like a kid in a sweet shop - I just cant wait to buy everything from the big things right down to multipacks of babygrows!!!
Cant wait!

hey hun!! :wave:

hows your OH doing??

iv not been too good over the past few days, its my first day back atwork today, been terribly sick/lightheaded, weak, dizzy you name it iv had it lol hopefully will start picking up though!!!

whens your 12week scan x

I bought a toy at around 6 weeks, it was my little way of celebrating, and i coudlnt resist some baby grows at around 8 weeks, then i held off until my scan and have bought most things since my 20 weeks scan, and left all the gendered stuff until 24 weeks when i found out she was a girl.

I know im one of the over organised people and if i didnt know people wanted to help and buy stuff i'd have everything for her already. I like to plan and i'm scared of her coming early so i want to be prepared lol

I'm going to start buying little things after we know everything is ok at our 12 week scan on 16th April.

I think I'll leave most of the big things until after the 20 scan though and I think we'll make a start on the nursery when we come back from our holiday when we'll be 24 weeks.

I have already bought a little coat thing from Mama's and papa's but that was only because it's a factory outlet and they were on sale for £6 instead of £24 so it was too cheap to miss out on

We'l wait til after the 20wk scan no doubt we have most things for bean but if its another boy its a whole new wardrobe to buy as i gave all my boys things away!!!

I waited until the 12 week scan and then got 3 neutral baby gros. Have left the rest until now and i'm slowly buying girly bits :D

I'm going to wait until after 12 wks and maybe buy a couple of wee things but the major things I will wait until after 20 wks.

Hahaha I have bought ........ a pack of dummies lmao!

But the majority of things I will be getting later on! I will add bits and bobs especially after my 12 week scan but alot of what I want to get depends on the sex of the baby too! Like I would love a pink or blue pram etc

Will probably wait till I'm gone 20wks, also depends on the sex, if it's a boy (which I think it is!) well no need to get much as I have loads of stuff from Otis and some of it hasn't even been worn!!! They grow sooooo quickly in the beginning you hardly have time to put them in eveything you got!

I waited until after the 20 week scan which I had in December. I bought most of my stuff in the January sales! I would highly recommend waiting until there is a sale as surely baby trends won't change that much :lol: You can save a lot of money (e.g. I got the cutest Winnie the Pooh and Piglet bodysuits for 50p each from Next!!!)

Up to 20 weeks I just bought maternity clothes.

Bugger! I dont get to go through the January sales?? hahaha

I wasnt allowed to buy any baby things until my 20 week, my husband wouldnt let me as he was panicked something might go wrong.

I won't be buying anything until at least after my 12 week scan.
We already have the basics from when my daughter was born but I'll be buying some things specially for this baby.

I am doubly cautious due to my last pregnancy ending in miscarriage so I'll probably wait as long as I can.

I bought a few little jumpsuits from gap as the little organic cotton ones were 50% off so I couldn't resist! Won't buy anything else until I find out the sex. Can't want for that....

We said we would wait until the 20 week scan but OH keeps coming home with little things which we will need as first baby.

Have now had 20 weeks scan and so will probably be no stopping him now.

Its so terribly difficult NOT to buy stuff as its so exciting!

I bought my first thing after my 12 week scan and knew things were going in the right direction and buy bits here and there.

I doubt i will buy anything else until after i know the sex also alot of peeps have said they grow so quickk so not going to go overboard on clothing just buy practical stuff now...

x

I went crazy! I'd bought near enough everything by 13 weeks lol. Before my 12 week scan too :D

I've had a break from shopping and now I'm back on it (hopefully after my scan I'll know the sex) so I'll be buying again! x

Well I brought some kiddies books to cheer myself up as I've only been feeling optomistic that everything is going ok in the last week or so...but they're targetted at about 2yr olds so the idea is that they'll be useful regardless as distant relations who pop over once in a blue moon and a friend have young kids.

I guess I probably wont buy anything for the baby (specifically) until somewhere between 20 and 30 weeks :think:

Part of it is me being really cautious and part of it is we may be moving and in that case we need to buy a bed, wardrobe and washer etc etc as we are currently in a furnished house so all that will have to take priority :roll:

I allowed myself to buy two neutral things in the next sale last week but thats it now until after 20 week scan i darent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back