When will midwife be in touch?

Applecider

Reaction score
Hey ladies. Just a question been to the doctor and she said she will put me in the midwifes book, it been a week and was wondering when I would expect to hear from her and what will happen on the first visit?

The doc didn't take any samples and just said the midwife will be in touch! When will I have a blood test to check hcg?? It would be great to know where I am!

Oh and... Is anyone else been tired this early? I could sleep now!! The doc said I was 6 weeks as she went from my last period! Will wait for dating scan to see where I am xx

they dont usually want to see you until 8 or 10 weeks as far as i can tell unless you book private early scans or have high risk of mc

I've not had bloods done to check hcg. I had an early midwife appt at 8w 2d then the proper booking appt at 9w. It varies from place the place tho xx

my doctor wouldnt even see me unless I wanted to get rid of the baby, midwife called me about a week after I registered details at the docs, i guess they will contact you soon hun but depends on your area as i have heard girls say they havent heard anything until 10-12 weeks :-( got my 1st appt tomorrow

Like the ladies have said hunni its different in different areas, when i saw my gp he gave me a card with a number to contact midwife myself, spoke to her on the phone then got my booking in app throught post bout a week later xx

Wow it's pretty nuts that u don't hear from them up to 12 weeks?! The doc hasn't even had me peein on a stick yet?? Hmmm oh well I shall just go with the flow for now?? Should I keep testing on cheapies??

Thanks so much for ur advice ladies bot sure whereby would be without u xx

Docs don't usually make u test with them as home tests r just as reliable. They just take ur word for it. I would leave it till 8w then phone n find out whats happening xx

Thanks larly that is exactly what I shall do :) im goin to make a plan I think that lasts for 4 weeks I'll be 9 months then :) I think so decorating is in order!!!

However I am gonna relax relax relax in the evenings!! Ohhh I kno I'm gonna buy a really good book xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back