Unsure what will happen next?

rachel8572

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant the day before nye - was a shock and dont know when my last period was... as i was on the pill (must have not worked when i had a sickness bug in november). I went to the doctors on fri 6th jan and she told me the midwife would get in touch. does anyone know when this will be? and what happens wen i do hear from the midwife? will it be letter or by phone? (sorry... loads of questions!!) the doctor didnt really say much to be honest and im dying to know how far gone i am!! im guessin at 6-7 weeks goin from the digital clear blue tests and said this to the doctor xx

I got told to book my appointment at reception with the midwife so can't tell you whether it'll be a call or letter. I had my appointment between 9-10 weeks. She took loads of history, blood and i got the pleasure of weeing in pot. Then she rang the hospital booked my scan, and made me another appointment to see her on the 26th (so about 3 weeks later). :) Hope you hear soon, As for dates they work it out from first day of last period which i'd already done but this is what she did at appointment to. So you can do it roughly from that.

As for the pill, i was on it to!! hadn't been ill or missed it one of the 3% of the time it fails apparently
Welcome to the PF btw :D

I had my booking in appt with a community midwife at my docs surgery, I think everywhere is different so can't really say for sure how or when ull hear.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yep, everywhere is different - I haven't even had my booking appointment yet. Mine is at the same time as my first scan. Hope you hear something soon - the first bit can be so uncertain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back