Midwife tomorrow.

Serendipity_

Reaction score
I was told by my doctor and the doctors receptionist I couldn't see the midwife til after my scan. I will be 12 weeks or more after my scan and as it isn't til 22nd December, I will probably have to wait until the new year anyway. So thought I'd give them a bell and query it. Well, I said to her "is this normal that I can't see her til after my scan?" and she said "I can fit you in tomorrow if you like" :cheer:

So going to see the midwife tomorrow, glad I got that sorted :D What am I to expect? :think: Bit worried now that she will want to touch me? :think: :lol:

Sorry, I am just wary of strange people wanting to touch me, I will need to be shot during labour :oops:

Do you mean an internal? If so then they dont tend to do these until you need a sweep or in labour!

She will have to touch you to take blood pressure and she may want a feel of your tummy as well. She'll go thru past history of you and OH (like smoking etc), weigh you, BP, Wee sample, some do bloods but mine send me to the hospital pathology lab (I dont mind as MIL work there!). Think thats all hun good luck x

xkikix said:
Do you mean an internal? If so then they dont tend to do these until you need a sweep or in labour!

She will have to touch you to take blood pressure and she may want a feel of your tummy as well. She'll go thru past history of you and OH (like smoking etc), weigh you, BP, Wee sample, some do bloods but mine send me to the hospital pathology lab (I dont mind as MIL work there!). Think thats all hun good luck x

Thanks hun, I mean an internal yes, I don't mind her touching me for blood tests and stuff :oops: :lol:

Looking forward to it :cheer: Even the blood tests :think:

I thought the same so I did a bit of tidying in the garden ( :lol: ) before I went but the only thing she touched was my arm to take blood! Talked through family history and where I wanted to give birth. Nothing scary.

Hovering over the loo AND peeing in a pot at the same time was a bit demanding but I got there in the end. :lol: You might want to take a sample with you unless you have good balance. :wink:

Well done you :cheer:

Mama 2 Be said:
I thought the same so I did a bit of tidying in the garden ( :lol: ) before I went but the only thing she touched was my arm to take blood! Talked through family history and where I wanted to give birth. Nothing scary.

Hovering over the loo AND peeing in a pot at the same time was a bit demanding but I got there in the end. :lol: You might want to take a sample with you unless you have good balance. :wink:

Well done you :cheer:

Tidying in the garden :rotfl: I might put a hat on mine :think:

I have a good balance, all those times of peeing in pots to see whether I was pregnant :shock:

oo if its your booking in appt you should get a folder with loads of leafets and a couple samples in aswell :)
:cheer: good luck
xx

Manda&Thomas said:
oo if its your booking in appt you should get a folder with loads of leafets and a couple samples in aswell :)
:cheer: good luck
xx

Oh, I love things like that :cheer: Thanks hun :cheer:

I very much doubt she'll want to do an internal, but you know you have the power to refuse things youre not happy with! No one can touch you without your say so.
I thought about this too and I decided no way because last time when i had a vaginal scan the next morning i started having bad spams, which probably wernt caused by the internal but its left a bad memory.
So for me the only time she'll need to be down there is in the stages of labour and if she needs to be there beforehand then I would question why, I see no need - whats she gonna see?

Also when in hospital when you get students en mass hovering over you, you dont have to put up with that either. i remember when my sister was pgnt she had allsorts fiddling around with her bits - i would say no to all that as well.

saw mine today the only "touching" thatwas involved was a blood pressure and she took some bloods. i had to do a wee sample and a chlamdia swab. the rest was just giving information so she could fill out the booking in form, then she gave me loads of leaflets to read and gave me the prescription form to send off so you can have free prescriptions etc.

she has to ask about your health, family history etc. she was here nearly an hour but some of that time she was playing with luke. :D good luck for tomorrow xx

Just come back :cheer: Well, come back ages ago but been looking through all my leaflets :dance:

She's put me down for due on the 2nd July. :think: Which is my OH's stepdads birthday who passed away and I really hope he or she isn't born then :talkhand:

She didn't touch me vagina :cheer: :rotfl: I'm really pleased to say that my midwife is lovely, she was making me laugh. :D

Got to go for blood tests soon though at the hospital :shakehead:

hi, you'll be fine...its just info at this stage but it does make it feel real which is great :cheer:

Dont worry too much about all the touching and internal stuff, the only time that is usually needed is in labour and believe me when you are in labour you really dont care as long as it helps get the baby out :rotfl: i begged my MW to do a sweep and it was worth it :D (sorry TMI)...

tigger xx

So pleased you get to see her!! :hug:

Yey ive finaly been able to reply to a post :cheer: (damn forum!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back