When will I feel...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
NORMAL again????!!!!!! :roll:

So I had my c section on xmas eve but I'm suffering rather a bit with the pain aspect of the healing process.

I just wondered when I could expect to feel normal again? When can I walk up and down stairs - or just even walk properly at a normal speed and without holding my stomach for the fear of the feeling of everything "falling out" :shock:

Thanks in advance :) xx

Well I have just started to feel like I am actually healing this time, I'm normally quicker but had my fallopian tubes cut this time as part of sterilization and it has been a good few yeears since my last section so treating it like first one when healing is slower and nerve damage fresh.

Are you doing too much? as I was and it was not till I made a concous effort to only do the school walk/run morning and eve and not go out in the middle that I began to feel a little better. Still gravity and being later in the day do take it's toll . I have been using the pain relief the hospital gave me this time. Now just taking Ibroprofin, as that helps I find.

I only sleep on my back and only lay on sides to night feed as that helps.
I am also taking arnica to help as my whole tum down to groin is now green with bruising!

Don't worry , you will start feeling more human, just take it slow and once you turn for the better your'll be on the mend

Last edited:
its taken me 3 months to feel normal but i had a hernia repair with my section then got a bad inf make sure your taking it real easy the more u rest the quicker u heal

thanks girls... that's the trouble, in my eyes, I don't really do that much! Layla is my first child so have no school runs or anything like that to worry about. It's just the constant getting up and down, walking up and down the stairs, doing the usual mundane houehold job - laundry, cleaning, cooking etc etc. The worst time for me is when i'm feeding Layla and at the end of it trying to get up holding her to put her back in moses basket/bouncer etc is a killer. Just hope everything eases a bit more soon. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back