How will I feel after a Sweep?

excited

Reaction score
:wave:

Might be a silly question but I just wondered if anyone knows how I can expect to feel after having a sweep tomorrow morning.

I cant bear the thought of coming home and just waiting for things to happen but will I be okay to meet friends and go for a walk or lunch?

I know everyone is probably different but would appreciate your thoughts/experience?

You should be fine, maybe abit uncomfortable put it's good to keep on the move x

Hey hun.....just wanted to say 'good luck' for sweep this morning.....my appointment isn't until 2.45 so will try and catch up with how it's gone later on! Lets hope this sets things off for us eh?! xx

Hope it sets things off for both of u xxx

i had a sweep with my first and sorry to say but it was really uncomfortable BUT it did the job and in less than 24 hours my son was born 9lb xx

just a little warning sorry but if you havent dilated they cant perform the sweep! ive had 3 attempted sweeps in the last week and a half and my cervix is only now starting to open so ive not actually had a sweep yet, just lots of prodding!

Good luck mum2b410!

I actually started with contractions in the early hours of this morning! They have been coming every 6 minutes or so since 4am. I went for my midwife appt and she did the sweep (I was 2-3cm dilated) to see if it would speed things up.

Its now just a waiting game. Hoping babes will be born on 1/11/11!!!

That's great hunny! Hope u get your LO soon..............I'm dreading being told that my cervix has done naff all to get ready and the MW wont be able to do anything!.............On the other hand I am trying to adopt a different attitude now of 'what will be will be' if bubs doesn't wanna come just yet then there's nothin I can do to change that.....as much as I'd love to be able to! Whatever happens I'll get thru it somehow!

I'll update later after my appointment xx

Good luck, for me I started getting a lot of pains right after mine and started having contractions later that night.

just wanted to say that I just had one done and it wasn't that uncomfortable, just like a normal examination. Feeling fine so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back