When to see doctor/midwife for first time?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by ellapeptic, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ellapeptic

ellapeptic New Member

Hi all, glad to find this site!

Am just begining my sixth week, found out last week, and tried to make a doctors appointment this morning. They said I don't need to see the doctor or come in at all until 8 weeks, when I'll have my first midwife appointment.

Is this normal? All my friends who have kids/are pregnant saw a doctor straight away to get a once over, should I insist or is it standard to wait until 8 weeks?

Thanks!

2. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

I just called the docs and booked an appointment.. i refuse to discuss anything with the receptionists cos they usually try and do what they have to you.

I went to docs and got confirmed at 6 weeks, its right they can't do anything really but pass details to your midwife who you'll prb see at about 8-10 weeks but it's nice just to have it confirmed :hug: :hug:

3. ellapeptic

ellapeptic New Member

It's just my doctors are generally a bit slack, so now I'm pregnant I'm going to change soon anyway, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some vital appointment/check-up in the meantime! Thank you for putting my mind at rest.

I don't really need it confirming as I've already done 6 or 7 test and have another 3 or 4 spare to put my mind at rest over the coming fortnight, how paranoid is that?! :oops: :roll: