When to put car seat in the car??

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering when you were thinking of putting LO's car seat's in your cars? I was not going to worry about it until I start contracting (well hubby would be fitting the isofix base in anyway). BUT three of the Ladies from my NCT class have fitted there's after two of the ladies had there LO's early....

xx

My husband was talking about this the other day. I think he's gona put the car seat in when I get to 37 weeks, just in case x

I need to clean my car this week, we have decided not to get an isofix so going to have a practice putting it in with seatbelt once cars cleaned. Then I suppose may as well just leave it in since I'm full term on Saturday. I guess it doesn't matter to much, you hubby could just grab it once your in labour? x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

We put it there the moment we got it as there is enough crap in the house to trip on already lol...

To be honest there isn't really any need to have it in the car before baby is born IMO. Even if you get out of hospital after six hours, your OH/birthing partner can just go home and get it x

Our wasn't in the car until LO arrived x

The base is in DH's car already, it went in this morning :) I've washed the covers and linings etc last night so they will go back on the seat tonight and no doubt by tomorrow it'll all be in the car. Bags are packed and sitting by the front door too :)
xx

I need to clean my car this week, we have decided not to get an isofix so going to have a practice putting it in with seatbelt once cars cleaned. Then I suppose may as well just leave it in since I'm full term on Saturday. I guess it doesn't matter to much, you hubby could just grab it once your in labour? x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

See I was thinking this but both ladies from NCT who have gone into labour early said there OH's were paniking when trying to put the car seat in and it was too much of a faff....

I may just ask Hubby to put it in at 37 weeks....
xx

Last edited:
The base is in DH's car already, it went in this morning :) I've washed the covers and linings etc last night so they will go back on the seat tonight and no doubt by tomorrow it'll all be in the car. Bags are packed and sitting by the front door too :)
xx

Brilliant, you are all organised!! I need to finish off my bag this weekend, I pretty much have everything I need just need to do the last load of washing and ironing! xx

Last edited:
Only from the false alarm I had last Monday, its kinda kicked my butt into gear :) No doubt Pickle wont arrive now until I hit 60 weeks :D xx

I got my car valeted this week so we can practice fitting the car seat. TBH I'll prob just leave it there once I'm done. I'm the same as you FBE, two false starts got me worried! xx

Only from the false alarm I had last Monday, its kinda kicked my butt into gear :) No doubt Pickle wont arrive now until I hit 60 weeks :D xx

We had an NCT breast feeding class the other night and apparently there is strong evidence to proove that babies are actually born one year premature (even at 40 weeks):shock:.... I'm good with 40 weeks thank you!! xx

Our car seat has been in and out more times than I care to remember! Hubby put it in again last night and said "right it's fixed in and stopping where it is the shopping will just have to go inside it" hopefully he will remember that fx in a day or two there will actually be a baby in there and not be inclined to pile six sainburys bags in too! Xx

We had an NCT breast feeding class the other night and apparently there is strong evidence to proove that babies are actually born one year premature (even at 40 weeks):shock:.... I'm good with 40 weeks thank you!! xx

ONE YEAR??!!!!*snorts tea out of nose* :shock: :shock: Oh my, we'd be like elephants! Can you imagine the size of us!
xx

Last edited:
I'm not putting ours in until LO is here x

ONE YEAR??!!!!*snorts tea out of nose* :shock: :shock: Oh my, we'd be like elephants! Can you imagine the size of us!
xx

ROFL.... seeing as the gestation period for a bay elephant is 2 years, yes we would!!

Plus I think I am already carrying a small gorilla.... The lady was trying to explain the whole Kangaroo theory to us, it all makes sense and I am happy for LO to have loads of skin to skin (our bodies are apparently better than incubators) I would like this baby out soon!!x

Our car is going in for a full valet on Monday, then Monday night fitting the base. And then prob sit it with my bag to grab en route to hospital...xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back