Car seat base

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Its one of the last things i have to buy but i've put it off as i'm totally confused by car seat bases, i have the maxi cosi cabriofix car seat and need a base to go with it.

There seems to be 3 different ones, family fix, isofix and easy base. maxi cosi website says they will all fit in my make and model of car, anyone know whats best to buy? want to get it right as they seem really expensive!

Thanks

i have the graco one and it uses a different base but from what i know and i could be wrong, the family base can tke the baby travel seat right up to the bigger older child car seat and to be honest i think it a bit of a waste of extra monty as after the 9 month seat you will most likley leave the seat in the car all the time so i think it be easier to just get the basic base for the baby seat then when lo moves on to the 9 month up ones install it with the seatbelt than a base but guess thats personal choice :)

might be better off asking in the shop as they can tell u properly what each one does ,

we installed ours cuple of weeks ago makes it so real thinking there gonna be a baby back there in a few weeks lol :)

I have the same car seat and we are getting the easyfix base. It's the isofix one so no need for belts etc.

we've got the family fix, it means you can use it for quite a few years xx

Thanks ladies! its just so confusing, we have the second stage car seat already as we had one at our house to use for our nephew so i dont think the family fix base will be worth it for us as we wont be buying another maxi cosi one.

Newer cars are now made with back car seats with an 'isofix' fitting. Its just an extra security fitting.
A standard base is fine. Any car dealer will be able to explaint the difference. I used to sell cars :)

Car seat bases baffle me lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back