When should I tell my employer?

DeeAtk

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm currently only 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I'm not worried at all about telling my employer however my job includes moving and lifting heavy equipment which must be done on a daily basis. I feel 4 weeks it's just too soon to tell them but I don't want to risk a miscarriage with all the heavy lifting?

What's your opinions??

Xx

It's a tricky one, it's early days but you could do with having a risk assessment asap x

I told my employer straight away due to moving & handling plus if anything happened I know I'd need time off. Had my first risk assessment back in October and haven't had one since so gonna push for it today. If you can ask your manager/head of dept to keep it quiet till your ready then they have a duty of care to you to not tell anyone xx

I told my employer right away and I've had a risk assessment done too.

Your employer has a responsibility of care for you and can't do that if they don't know.

Heavy lifting is best avoided in pregnancy as all your joints and ligaments soften with hormone changes, so you could hurt yourself.

Obviously it's your choice as to whether you tell them or not but I would personally.

XX

Thank you for the quick feedback!

I think I will tell them sooner rather than later :)

Xx

I told mine quite soon too, as I work with prisoners, they risk assessed it and amended my daily tasks to lower the risks of something happening to me... Luckily I had a very understanding boss who's wife had not long had a baby!

I told mine over a week ago as it makes life easier with appointment as they can't say anything if they know your pregnant..not had a risk assessment and I work with 2-3 year olds so there is lifting and carrying equipment and children. She never did one with my last pregnancy either but if I started not doing everything everybody would click on that I was pregnant it is a hard situation but for the best I think it's better people do know so you are helped out as much as possible and people understand why you are not doing what your doing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back