When is it ok to use bath products on babies?

LouiseH

Reaction score
Hi ladies :) New to this section..

Just wondering.. When is it ok to start using bath products on babies?
Like Johnsons, Little Angels, etc?
Her cord has already come off, so I've been told its ok to bath her now, just not sure about products that's all.

Any help would be appreciated x

I was advised by my GP not to use johnsons ever as their products contain lots of chemicals and my LO has excema. Having said that we were bathing him from day one as advised by the midwives in the hospital. Just with water and then were given medicated stuff on prescription to use.

Hi ladies :) New to this section..

Just wondering.. When is it ok to start using bath products on babies?
Like Johnsons, Little Angels, etc?
Her cord has already come off, so I've been told its ok to bath her now, just not sure about products that's all.

Any help would be appreciated x

Hi Louise, congrats and welcome! :wave:

People's opinion differs on this one greatly - I think we started using a teeny bit of Johnsons bedtime bubbles when JJ was around 4 weeks - and it really was a teeny amount - the stuff bubbles up really easily anyway!

As long as little one doesn't suffer with skins conditions and the cord has dropped off, then go for it. There are a lot of baby lotions and potions out there - some kinder to little ones skin than others.

Personally, I am using Johnsons at the moment, as I was bought a couple of bottles of the bedtime bubbles, but I will be switching to something organic based shortly! xx

Weleda and Burts Bee's products seem to be quite popular - and are both natural and made from organic ingredients apparently...I'm going to try both and see how it goes! xx

She doesn't appear to have any skin problems..
I may try a tiny bit of the Johnsons bedtime bubbles later on, and see how it goes. I'm hoping it may help relax her and send her off to sleep easier xx

We use Aveeno or Infacare but James has mild eczema.

xxxx

We used Burt's bees from the first bath (1 day old)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back