What kind of soap do you use in the bath?

Kimberly

Reaction score
I was given lots of Johnsons & Johnsons bath products at my baby shower. I haven't used them as when I was pregnant I kept hearing that using them can cause excema or other issues. I don't really know much about it, it's just what I've heard. When the midwife came to the house after August was born she said not to use any kind of soaps in the bath for the first 6 months as they don't need it.

So I'm curious.....do you use soap and what do you use? Are there any soaps that are suppose to be safe for LO's skin? Thanks for your help!

Personally I don't like any J&J products and have never used them, I think they are really syntheticy.

I use Little Me baby organics or Natures Babycare but just the baby bath, I don't really wash DD with anything, she just plays in the bath and the dirt seems to fall off!

If I had loads of money I'd also use Weleda baby bath or Burts Bees, but these are both well out of my price range!

I probably started using bath products at around 4 months old.

Valentine Xxx

I use Nature Babycare or Earth Friendly Baby products.

I don't like J&J either

31BF745FM0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
or
0174099_m.jpg

We got a big bundle of stuff so may as well use it, and I c.b.a with all the funky organic stuff unless I have trouble with the conventionals..! It's been fine for us and lasts ages :)

I used johnsons, the one that says natural something or other on it.It's a pale greeny colour. I use their bubble batha dn the moisturiser. I LOVE the smell (so sometimes i use it too, hehe). I have other johnsons products but i use them on myself! hehe

Suzie and Faith said:
I used johnsons, the one that says natural something or other on it.It's a pale greeny colour. I use their bubble batha dn the moisturiser. I LOVE the smell (so sometimes i use it too, hehe). I have other johnsons products but i use them on myself! hehe

I use the mosituriser on me ;)

I don't use Johnsons stuff as it doesn't agree with Finlay. I have loads of the bloody stuff too!

I still just use water in his bath no soap or foam and he still comes out smelling lovely :)

J&J Bed time bath, as I got given tons of it at baby shower. And top to toe wash to give him a rinse over. Every other bath I cover him in baby lotion or oil as the water here is so hard, its horrible stuff!! He would dry to a flake if there was nothing in the water.

We got given loads of stuff too :)
At first she was only ever bathed in water. But i think after a few weeks i added a squirt of something to the water. I have used J&J bedtime bath and the baby shampoo, infacare baby bath and Boots own for sensitive range. Oh and a dab of J&J top to toe wash to get caked on food stuffs off :lol:

I only bought the boots stuff, so havent had to spend hardly any money on bathing products and i still have a cupboard full which will last us ages :dance:

Calleigh doesnt usually need any creams/lotions after the bath but if i do its a bit of aqueous cream.

oilatum in his bath ( on prescription) then moisturised with either eperderm or j&j naturals

I got given tons of J&J when pregnant with Seren and still have most of it - I don't even use it on me. I use the horns and halos range mainly baby bubble bath and the shampoo for Seren. I also use the new ASDA eco range. After bath I use weleda callendula baby oil, smells gorgeous without being overpowering.

beanie said:
I got given tons of J&J when pregnant with Seren and still have most of it - I don't even use it on me. I use the horns and halos range mainly baby bubble bath and the shampoo for Seren. I also use the new ASDA eco range. After bath I use weleda callendula baby oil, smells gorgeous without being overpowering.

where can you get the horns & halos range from? SOunds fab :lol:

johnsons sleepy lavender purple stuff FTW!!! followed by the bedtime cream :wink:

Bee said:
beanie said:

I get mine from ASDA but most supermarkets stock ithalos n horns product range

beanie said:
Bee said:
beanie said:

I get mine from ASDA but most supermarkets stock ithalos n horns product range

Thanks! Some more stocking fillers for Finlay's xmas :lol:

We use halos and horns- absolutely love it. We get it from Tescos :D

Wouldn't use anything else tbh, Green Bean gets a bit of eczma (I can never spell that darn word :? ) behond his knees and this ctuff *seems* to halt the spread of it :)

Earth friendly baby - would love to use the burt's bees stuff but again too expensive. His skin's flared up at the moment so it's diprobath just now!

Boring old infacare, does its job though and doesnt make her skin bad. :)

Leese said:
Earth friendly baby - would love to use the burt's bees stuff but again too expensive. His skin's flared up at the moment so it's diprobath just now!

Its a great range! I love it! Apart from the price but its worth it I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back