when can i start using products?

Zobo

Reaction score
subject title says it all really...
When i bathe chloe all i use it the johnsons 'top to toe' as thats what the midwife used when she bathed her in hospital.

But i want to know when i can start using the other johnsons products, like bubbles baths, lotions, oil etc??

im sure i remember reading whilst pregnant that babies shouldnt have these products applied for so long after birth!

i want to use them but darnt, and i cant find where i read it anywhere.....
can anyone tell me if its safe now (4weeks) or not ???

thank you. x

It's totally up to you, the recommendations are not set in stone. We're still not using anything except the occasional bit of shampoo/baby wash as she has a lot of hair. We still use cotton wool and water for her bum when in the house but are now using wipes when out and about. More because it's cheaper than anything else! We still use olive oil on her skin a couple of times a week which keeps it lovely and soft.

I think we'll just start using a bit more baby wash etc when she's getting really mucky when she's on solids or on the move more often. Baby oil and lotion makes me break out in a rash and itch so I won't ever be using them on her.

leland reacted really bad to that top n toe wash , so if she's use to that there's much milder products out there u can start using , i recommend the bedtime oil , and there naturals (green tub) mnoisteriser ! . u can also use natural things like grapeseed oil .

Ryan's has the whole of the lavendar bed time bath stuff by johnsons. he has the bubble bath and is washed with the baby wash they do then i apply the bedtime lotion after to. and hes had that as long as i can remeber really.

Gem & Leland said:
leland reacted really bad to that top n toe wash , so if she's use to that there's much milder products out there u can start using , i recommend the bedtime oil , and there naturals (green tub) mnoisteriser ! . u can also use natural things like grapeseed oil .

We use this too, smells lovely. Started at about 8 weeks when I we started the bath, bottle bed routine. I started using wipes from about 4 weeks, and bubble bath (just normal johnsons) at about this time too, butwas only bathing once a week. He's never had any reactions luckily but if he had I would have stuck to water xx

Galen is 11 weeks and still using plain water for bath time. As he has a real mop of hair we use a tiny blob of baby shampoo once a week, other times just plain water.

The longer I can go without smellies and soaps the better.

We started using a little bit around 6-8 weeks I think. Not a lot, a tiny squirt.

We use the Johnsons Bedtime Bath and sometimes the cream and sometimes the Halos and Horns stuff which is very nice too. It doesn't have any of the nasty chemicals in so is very safe.

I started to use the Halo & Horns bath stuff about 2 weeks ago and I tried their shampoo last week.

I also moved onto wipes from cotton wool & water around the same time.

Its entirely your choice.

awww thanx girlies. knew youd help me.. think ill hold back on the products for the time being...
i got bought loads of stuff when i was pregnant, and you just assume you can use it as its for babies... but goes to show!

Thank you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back