When does your Midwife give u a plan?

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Ok so Im not sure if this happens everywhere but Ive read a lot of people recently posting that their Midwife has told them when they will get sweeps etc at their 36 week appointment? Is that right?
I thought u had to wait til ur due date then they might give u a sweep if u were lucky?x

Last edited:
Mine didn't even mention sweeps until my 40 week appointment where she said 'would you like me to perform one now?', then I had one at 41 wks, then had one today 40+10, and found out today that I'm having my waters broken tomorrow. I didn't think they offered them earlier unless there was a medical reason for doing so, like with MOM, who had to have early ones due to previous fast labours etc xx

I went for my 38 week check up and she didn't mention any sweep to me. I next go just before my due date so she may mention it then.

I saw midwife on Wednesday and she's not seeing me again till due date. She said she'll give me a sweep then. And if that doesn't work a sweep the week later and I would get a date for induction. I was surprised to be offered a sweep on my due date, I thought you only got offered them when you overdue.

Mine never mentioned them at all and my next appointment isnt until 40+3.. the only reason we spoke about induction was that I asked her and she didnt seem to know anything about that :(

I saw midwife at 34 weeks and won't see her again until 38 weeks so hopefully she'll discuss this then - they did mention something about sweeps at an ante-natal class and I'm sure it was about them being offered after due date, definitely not before.

i found out at my 36 week check that i will have a sweep at 41 weeks, but i think i may have already asked her a few times throughout the pregnancy what their guidelines are now... they should be able to tell you that at any stage. i guess it might vary from midwife to midwife but i reckon if you were to ask they would be able to give you a pretty good idea.

maybe they don't "offer" the information as some people might worry unneccessarily about what a sweep involves etc when they might not even need one? i'm not really sure.... i just ask the midwife loads of questions every time she comes.

I thought that you always had to see a consultant at 41 weeks but asked her about this and she said "No, as long as no probs you just stay under midwife led care now until it's at the point you go in for induction"

Their policys change all the time and certainly have in the 4 years since i had my little girl. this time around it's all completely different!

Thanks girlies, there just seems to have been quite a few ppl on here recently who have had sweeps earlier than their due dates x

yeah i wondered about this too - ill be quizzing my midwife next week! x

im a few weeks off yet but will defo be asking midwife nearer the time what the deal is with them. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back