when do i claim??

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
the healthy start grant the one at £190 basically to help me with the fruit veg an milk?

ive been told on the form for the sure start maturnity grant got to send that of 11 weeks before im due but im thinking bout sending it off early just to get it sorted but im not sure how to claim for the healthy start grant any help would be nice ?? lol thanks xx

The £190 is the Health in Pregnancy Grant. You can claim that from 25 weeks onwards and will usually be given the form by your GP or Midwife. Here is the link to the government website http://campaigns2.direct.gov.uk/money4mum2be/en/
It's so confusing all these entitlements and deadlines isn't it!

Thanks hun everyones been telling me that around 11 weeks i should of tried to claim the £190 one an now youve told me ive got to wait until im 25 weeks but i sent off a form from the midwife when i found out i was pregnant i filled in that form but that never said anything about waiting until i was 25 weeks to claim an ive been waiting awhile to hear something back so that must be what it is lol.
im glad people on here know what there talking about ivebeen arguing with my sister as she was saying i should of got it by now im only just nearing 20 weeks grr lolx

The form was probably your health costs one to enable you get free presciptions, eyecare, dentist etc

The £190 grant is from 25 weeks and the other from 28/29 weeks :)

The form was probably your health costs one to enable you get free presciptions, eyecare, dentist etc

The £190 grant is from 25 weeks and the other from 28/29 weeks :)

"The form was probably your health costs one to enable you get free presciptions, eyecare, dentist etc" i dont think ive heard of this one :shock: what else dont i know? lolx

i think what people have got confused about is the '11 weeks' thing.. you receive a £500 grant from sure start 11 weeks before you're due to give birth.. so around 28/9 weeks like Mamafy mentioned above.

and the £190 grant is just for anything, i bought maternity clothes with mine, and you get that at 25 weeks.. you should have a midwife/doctors appointment around then to check things anyway so just ask for form when you get there, they have to fill half of it out and then you fill in the rest and send it off.. it took about 2 weeks for it to go into my bank.

i'll update you on the £500 grant one when i send it off sometime this week! xxx

Last edited:
wen i had me first midwife meeting i got given a form to fill in for milk vouchers was about 10 weeks in to be pregnant as i sent it off and not heard anything back. what cud this be ?? lolx

that would be what the MW said it was for - milk vouchers! have you received any yet? just ask MW next time you see her.. i didn't get that form! :( lol xx

I've got that, its the Healthy Start vouchers, if you're on low income you get these vouchers to use in the supermarket on fruit, veg, milk and baby milk powder.

I used to get them a couple of years ago when I wasn't working. I have got the forms to send off again cause I'm not working again, but always forget to go to the postbox!

You should call them up, if you haven't heard anything, I remember mine coming through quite quick a few years ago.

0845 607 6823 is the number.

The £190 grant has to be after 25 weeks to stop people claiming before the abortion cut off point!!! how cynical is that?! You can spend it on whatever you want, you just get the money, mine will be paying off my credit card, Im reasoning that, if my credit card is better, I wont be as stressed about money, and I will be healthier!! :rofl: Im really worried about the £500 sure start grant, we're not claiming anything at the mo, never applied so dunno if we're eligeable, but we both work so prob not. I get the impression you can only get the sure start grant if you're already getting some kind of benefit. We could really do with the grant to buy cot and car seat etc...

that would be what the MW said it was for - milk vouchers! have you received any yet? just ask MW next time you see her.. i didn't get that form! :( lol xx

Ive not recieved anything yet either im now 20 weeks if i had the form about 11 weeks then shouldnt i have had it by now? x haha i know nothing lolx :roll:

The £190 grant has to be after 25 weeks to stop people claiming before the abortion cut off point!!! how cynical is that?! You can spend it on whatever you want, you just get the money, mine will be paying off my credit card, Im reasoning that, if my credit card is better, I wont be as stressed about money, and I will be healthier!! :rofl: Im really worried about the £500 sure start grant, we're not claiming anything at the mo, never applied so dunno if we're eligeable, but we both work so prob not. I get the impression you can only get the sure start grant if you're already getting some kind of benefit. We could really do with the grant to buy cot and car seat etc...

were on benefits i think you have to have a low income for you to claim the £500 grant, its great for a one off payment to help pregnant women.
im sorry i dont know what your kinda income an wat not is you could try and claim and see what they say xx

I've got that, its the Healthy Start vouchers, if you're on low income you get these vouchers to use in the supermarket on fruit, veg, milk and baby milk powder.

I used to get them a couple of years ago when I wasn't working. I have got the forms to send off again cause I'm not working again, but always forget to go to the postbox!

You should call them up, if you haven't heard anything, I remember mine coming through quite quick a few years ago.

0845 607 6823 is the number.

thanks hun, i will speak to me midwife when i see her and see if i should of got it or not, or i could just re write another form an then i would know if ive already had it or not but i dont think ive had it put in my bank or do they sent it by cheque?x

The healthy start thing is vouchers that come through the post, think they are about £3.10 per week. They have a barcode on so they can be scanned at the tills.

So you'll know if you've had them, they're a letter that comes every month.

Think you might be getting crossed wires about it all! That £190 is the grant you get later on.

You'd be hard pushed to buy £190 worth of fruit and veg in one go!!

The healthy start thing is vouchers that come through the post, think they are about £3.10 per week. They have a barcode on so they can be scanned at the tills.

So you'll know if you've had them, they're a letter that comes every month.

Think you might be getting crossed wires about it all! That £190 is the grant you get later on.

You'd be hard pushed to buy £190 worth of fruit and veg in one go!!

to be honest im confused for first time i dont know anything lol. i will give that number a call around 25 weeks for the £190 an then send the £500 form 11 weeks before im due an the healthy start vochers ill just have to wait for lol. thanks x

That number is for the vouchers, not the £190 25 weeks grant. I think you should call the voucher people up as they've had you form for a couple of months now, you should have received it through by now. I think they do backdate them, but its not much use having £30 worth of fruit and veg in one week unless you've got big cupboards, and eat a lot of the stuff!

That number is for the vouchers, not the £190 25 weeks grant. I think you should call the voucher people up as they've had you form for a couple of months now, you should have received it through by now. I think they do backdate them, but its not much use having £30 worth of fruit and veg in one week unless you've got big cupboards, and eat a lot of the stuff!

Ohh okies i get you lol. yeah i thought i would of heard something by now about the vouchers seems strange lol. Ta :) x

just readin up on this post....

So any of you think i shud bother applying for thr 500 grant. i dont claim benifits at the mo and i work full time (2 weeks left at work) but i am a singel parent living alone.

xxx

just readin up on this post....

So any of you think i shud bother applying for thr 500 grant. i dont claim benifits at the mo and i work full time (2 weeks left at work) but i am a singel parent living alone.

xxx

Im still trying to work out if i should bother too. I think the best plan for me is to wait until baby is born, apply for working tax credits then (wont be eligeable until I have a child :roll:) then apply for the grant while tax credits application is going through, theres a box on the form you can tick to say and appication is in progress.

I hate the whole thing where you have to be getting one benefit to get another! bloomin ridicuous, we're not rolling in cash here!

i know mate tell me about it!!! but its money we could do with isn't it? and as a single parent, it wud be a blooddy god send.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back