£190 Free Grant - Claim Yours Now!!!

Leana

Reaction score
Hello,

A while ago one of you VERY nice ladies alerted me to the fact that there is a new grant available to ALL pregnant women as of April this year.

This grant has now all been approved and you can claim now! (But its the Government so please don't expect any money until May!).

A few details:
The idea is for it to help finance a healthy eating regime
It is available to ALL pregnant women, irrispective of your income/benefits
Its a one off payment/grant paid into your bank account

Conditions:
You must be 25 weeks + pregnant
Your due date must be after 6 April 2009
You have been given health advice from a Midwife/Doctor during pregnancy

How to claim:
You can claim now in advance of its introduction in April
You need to obtain a form from the Midwife/Doctor who will need to complete their part

My Advice:
My Midwife knew nothing about this new grant and they need to request the forms from the Government in order for you to claim! Tell your Doctor/Midwife/Health Advisor asap and don't miss out! Also tell all other pregnant women you know who are due after April 6th!

More information can be found at www.hmrc.gov.uk/hipg

I hope this is of help to you all

Leana x
24 + 3
Team Pink

Was reading about this the other day. My EDD was put put back from 5th April to the 9th when I went for my dating scan - talk about lucky!

MW hasn't mentioned it to me yet though, so I doubt she knows as she's normally pretty good at keeping on top of the paperwork. I'll be asking at my appointment next week for definite though. Crazy that you can only get the forms from the MW and half of them don't even know about it!!!

Am I right in thinking that we won't be able to send int he forum until after 6th April and then won't get the money til may? :think:

Youl be able to apply for this if your EDD's after the 6th april and your atleast 25wks + pregnant. Youl need to ask your MW for the form in which i think she has a part to fill in. :)

Argh I totally forgot to ask my MW about this earlier!

Pregnancy brain strikes again!

oh great thanx so much for that, i knew nothin at all bout it. i got my mw appoint in 2 weeks il be 24 weeks so hopefully she can fill the form in then if she knows anything about it.

Wow thats great, I didnt know anything about that, thank you. I see the midwife tomorrow hope I remember to mention it lol

My midwife mentioned somethin last fri about something happening from april.

musta been this..

cheers lovely xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back