when did your baby turn?

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Ok I'm getting a bit obsessed about having a breech baby, but I was wondering if people could tell me when their babies turned head down as I am starting to worry it's getting a bit late....

Thanks
J
XX

My baby was head down from early on about 28 weeks i think. Hes stayed put ever since.

just checked my notes....mw appt 28+2 breech, nxt mw appt 30+3 ceph so somewhere inbetween LOL

Babies can turn til quite late though!

My baby was head down at 20 week scan, 26 week scan and yesterday at my 33 week appointment so he's been head down pretty much the whole time :lol:

Ellie turned at around 33 weeks but then decided back 2 back was a good idea :roll: :lol: Get on ur hands & knees girl ;)

baby was head down at 28wk appt and has stayed there

my little man was breach at our 24 week scan, and head down at our 28 week scan, and has been head down since :D

everyone is different hun :hug: have you been using your gym ball etc in a bid to turn your little monkey?? :D :hug:

Mine was head down at 20 week scan, side ways at 24 week scan, breech at 25 week scan then was definately head down at 28 week midwife and has been since. She can still move around a bit though and twists from side to side etc.

Does your baby get hiccups? Cos i use Tally's to monitor where her head is every day, i can tell if she's "engaged" cos her hiccups are in my bum (TMI lol) and when she slides back out they're by my hips or lower belly.

Obviously you're going to be concerned but there is still time for baby to turn, my sister turned very late (typical, she's always been difficult :roll: ) and my mum had a perfectly normal birth with her, unlike my brother who was head down for ages but turned back to back coming out and made life difficult.

:hug: :hug: Whens your next appointment with midwife? If you have a poke of baby yourself you may be able to feel where they are yourself which may help you

Well after weeks of my baby being head down, today the midwife said she is now sat upright with her head high and mighty :roll:

my little boy was still breech at last mw appointment a week ago,hopefully by my 33 week appt he will have turned :pray:

Bubs was cephalic at 27+2 week scan. Last thursday 32+1 it was breech and the day after.

Monday, doc felt and said baby is cephalic again. Got MW and another doc to check and they agreed.

It's a big relief, as baby is measuring 6 weeks ahead in size. So, worried it would soon not have enough spcae to turn soon. Fingers crossed it stays cephalic! :pray: :)

I had my 34 week midwife appointment yesterday and baby is still breech... although I knew that as I can feel his/her head in my ribs and all the strong kicks seem to be on my cervix or in my hip bone.

It wasn't my usual midwife and she said he/she is unlikely to turn..... although there are always exceptions to the rule....

I actually got all upset about the whole c-section thing and burst into tears right in front of her.... she tried to talk me through my worries (she'd had 3 sections herself) and I do feel a bit better about the possibility but it's still not the ideal scenario.... I just want this baby to turn... (one positive thing was that she said she's never heard of being refused a ECV because of rhesus status.... so maybe they will try to turn him/her manually in a few weeks).

I'll keep you posted, and I'll keep doing all my bum in the air exercises but any turn vibes you want to send my way will be greatly appreciated!!

J
XX

He was transverse at 26 weeks, then breech from 30 weeks. He eventually turned at 36 weeks.

I was told that if he'd stayed breech they would try an ECV at 38 weeks but even if he ended up staying breech I could still attempt a vaginal delivery just be prepared for a c-section if it wasn't working.

There are lots of things you can do to encourage baby to turn - try google & keep at the exercises!

Lucy was thought to be breech at most of my later midwife appointments so I got sent for a scan at 37 weeks by which time she'd got her self sorted so I voted 36-38 weeks!

lil miss was all ready and waiting to go from 24 weeks :) Tia however, was far more laid back and was still bum down at 36 weeks... the week later she was head down :) but a c section was discussed for her because time was running out....

don't worry 34 weeks isn't too bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back